Mocking Ads on Craigslist

Ishmael

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
Fuctifino
This looks like it goes upwind well, but the price is steep.

38459088_614.jpg

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Small-home-made-sailboat_22064885

sculpin

Super Anarchist
All the teak firewood you could want for a buck.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/boa/4521837681.html
That wood could be run through a planer and it would mostly look like new. At todays price for colourless teak, I'd disassemble it and store it if I had the space.
Yah, but you'd miss a few fasteners so you would chew up a bunch of blades, and at the end of it you would have a whole lot of teak with holes in it every 12" or so... pre-bent so it isn't much use, unless you are making small teak boxes.

blackjenner

Super Anarchist
So, this was here before. I couldn't find the original ad. They guy says it's a typo on the ad that he didn't fix.

"Donn,

I apologize for the typo. My boat was appraised for $40k. A few people (including investors) already made offers over $19k. Did you want to make an offer? I can let it go for $20k. I'm in the military and I need to sell my boat before I get deployed. I look forward to hearing from you.

LPS"

Might be worth a look to someone.

36 ft 1983 Union MaoTa Cutter - $3000 (washington dc)

00Q0Q_Nw4NTrhZ4O_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

Boat Details

Make
Union

Model
MaoTa Cutter

Year

Length
36 ft

LOA
36 ft

Boat Category
Sail

Boat Class
Cutter

Boat Class
Cruisers

No. of Engines

Boat Name
Paradox

Builder
Union/MaoTa

Max Draft
6 ft

Fuel Tank Capacity
20 gal

Fuel Tank

Water Tank Capacity
140 gal

Water Tank

Sales Rep
Vicki Rasmussen CPYB

Engine Details

Engine

Make
Yanmar

Model
eQM

Type
Inboard

Fuel Type
Diesel

Year

Hours

Total Power Quantity
33.0 hp

Drive Type
Direct

The Union Cutter 36 has an interesting history. Conceived in the early 70's by the founder of Hans Christian Yachts John Edwards who commissioned Bob Perry to design a 34 footer which was to be built at the Union Ship Company in Taipei and sold in the states as a Hans Christian 34. During the process of building the first 34, Mr. Edwards decided to stretch it out to a 36 footer so he had a second set of molds made up adding about a foot in the center and a foot aft of the cockpit. Edwards had a falling out with Union and was told he could not move the molds as they owned them. Union continued to build and market the boats the Union 36. Bob Perry it seemed was not even aware that a 36 footer was being built in Taiwan under his name until he called to make some inquiries. Unfortunately for HC, they did not give Bob Perry his rightful royalties or acknowledgement.

That being said, the Union Cutter 36 is a Bob Perry design (stretched out a bit). This means she is a double ended, full keel, blue water cruising yacht with beautiful lines, comfortable accommodations and of course the easy to manage cutter rig for sail handling.

Paradox was buit by MaoTa Shipbuilders using the same hull and deck as a Union Cutter 36. The difference in her build out is, the head compartment is much larger and there is no teak on the coach roof and no teak lining the cockpit sides.

Accommodations
Measurements

LOA
36 ft

Length
36 ft

Length At Water Line
32 ft

Beam Measure
11 ft 2 in

Boat Keel Code
Full Keel

Displacement Measure
22,000 lb

VESSEL WALKTHROUGH

Forward cabin features a V-Berth with storage lockers along both sides, a privacy door leading to the head compartment aft, the huge head compartment is located between the forward cabin and the main salon with privacy doors to both, aft is the main salon with a U-Shaped dinette to port that converts to a double berth, a single settee to starboard that pulls out to make a large single berth, aft starboard is the navigation station with a large chart table, aft is the quarter berth, to port is the U-Shaped galley.

FORWARD CABIN

The forward cabin features a large V-Berth with 4" cushions making for a very comfortable sleeping quarters, storage lockers beneath with access doors, large storage lockers located along port and starboard sides with locking doors, anchor locker access doors forward, a huge overhead opening hatch, two 12v fans and 12v lighting.

HEAD COMPARTMENT

The large head compartment runs athwartship and features a manual flush Jabsco toilet, stainless steel sink with shower nozzle, storage lockers and shelving. To starboard is the two large hanging lockers with shelf on top. There are two opening ports, a bulkhead mirror, teak towel rack, 12v lighting, 110v outlet and privacy doors leading to the forward cabin and main salon.

MAIN CABIN

The main cabin features to port a large U-Shaped dinette that converts to a double berth, shelving and storage above and beneath, two opening ports, 12v fan, 12v lighting, to starboard is a single settee that pulls out to make a large single berth with shelving and storage above, one opening port, a Quartz clock and barometer. There is a huge butterfly hatch. Between the butterfly hatch, the large opening hatch in the forward berth and the opening ports - fresh air ventilation is not an issue.

NAVIGATION STATION

The navigation station is located starboard side in the main cabin. It features a large chart table with storage beneath, shelving and storage along side, a storage locker and three storage drawers. The electric panel is located at the nav station.

The quarter berth is just behind the nav station with plenty of room for sleeping while at sea or storage.

GALLEY

A nice size U-Shaped galley featuring a Tasco three burner propane stove with oven, a Trident gas control panel, double stainless steel sinks, a large ice box with Nova Cool refrigeration, ample storage, an opening port and counter space.

ELECTRICAL / ELECTRONICS

110V AC/12V DC

One 30 amp shore power inlet with cord

Lunair Air Conditioner

Four (4) Golf cart batteries, one (1) starter battery

Raytheon ST60 Multi

Heart Interface Link 2000-R Monitor

Heart 100 amp Battery Charger

Compass

Autohelm Depthsounder

Autohelm Knotmeter

Autohelm Apparent Wind Direction

Standard Horizon VHF with Distress

Radio has AIS Receiver which displays on chartplotter

Garmin 3205 Chartplotter

HULL AND DECK

32 lb. CQR Anchor w/250' of 3/8" chain
Danforth w/30' chain and 250' 3/4" rode
Dodger
Bimini
Swim Ladder
Radar Arch
SL Seatiger Manual windlass
Stainless stanchions
Double life lines
Two dorade vents
Propane tank storage locker
Wooden Ships Wheel
Compass binnacle
Teak over fiberglass decks
There is a 140 gallon fuel tank which is not used (has a leak)

SAILS AND RIGGING

Cutter Rig
Inner forestay release
Aluminum deck stepped mast
Lewmar Primary, main sheet and staysail sheet winches
Three halyard winches
Mainsail with cover
115% Genoa
Staysail
Storm Sail
Standing Rigging Replaced in 2012

Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.

SemiSalt

Super Anarchist
WLIS
Vintage 14-ft Sunfish sailboat with blue & white sail. The flotation foam in the forward section of the hull appears to be waterlogged. This condition can reportedly be remedied by blowing hot air into the hull for a period of time. However, because of this issue, we've set the price for the boat to just $199. The mainsheet is brand new, the mahogany daggerboard, tiller and rudder are in very good condition, as are all of the spars. The year of the boat is unknown. Sunfish are great sailboats for beginners, kids and anyone who enjoys dinghy sailing.

Sunfish are 14' long and 3.5' wide and therefore easy to car-top. They are excellent boats for summer and fall sailing. Cash only.
Helpful advice. Boat is "for sail", not "for sale."

Ad here: http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/boa/4544770096.html

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
All the teak firewood you could want for a buck.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/boa/4521837681.html
That wood could be run through a planer and it would mostly look like new. At todays price for colourless teak, I'd disassemble it and store it if I had the space.
Yah, but you'd miss a few fasteners so you would chew up a bunch of blades, and at the end of it you would have a whole lot of teak with holes in it every 12" or so... pre-bent so it isn't much use, unless you are making small teak boxes.
Good point - I guess I'll just have to restore it and finish it bright.

MisterMoon

Super Anarchist
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/boa/4546714354.html

Panama City Fishing Numbers - $100 (Buford)
Ive got a list of 500 private Gps numbers for sale. They start at the pass and go out from there. I have fished a few and done well on them. A lot are in state waters which will help right now with the federal season being closed. I know its hard to find numbers so I thought I would help my fellow fishermen out.

Hopefully he remembers which 'few' were good, otherwise you'll burn a lot of gas driving around checking out the rest.

Trickypig

Super Anarchist
Australia
Mr. Edwards decided to stretch it out to a 36 footer so he had a second set of molds made up adding about a foot in the center and a foot aft of the cockpit. Edwards had a falling out with Union and was told he could not move the molds as they owned them. Union continued to build and market the boats the Union 36. Bob Perry it seemed was not even aware that a 36 footer was being built in Taiwan under his name until he called to make some inquiries.

That being said, the Union Cutter 36 is a Bob Perry design (stretched out a bit).
Stretched out a bit?…Here's a kangaroo stretching out a bit.

images-9.jpeg

sparau

Anarchist
Not on craigslist but mockable that after failing to sell there they then list it as a 25-30ft multihull sailboat in Australia !

http://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-monohulls/glacier-bay-2690/150150

Oh my eyeballs are stinging.

0_3-2.jpg

4_3-2.jpg
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I have run a few of those and with the right horsepower they are awesome boats. Handle great and tons of room for such a small boat
It looks like a nice enough boat, if a little ungainly, I was just mocking the sellers paying cash to advertise half a world away, how many people in Australia are looking for a small power cat in the BVI's?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
That's a $200 throttle and a pair of cables that vary in price depending on length, but probably $80 apiece or so new.

I'm about to buy all that stuff new for a Tohatsu. But I'll probably check craigslist first. I wonder how many different ways people spell Tohatsu?

blackjenner

Super Anarchist
It's really too bad this thing is ferro, because if you could wave a magic wand and make it FRP...

Anyways, this seller, at least, knows that pictures help sell a boat. Well done.

Center Cockpit Ketch 57' - $125000 (Pt. Ludlow)
00707_gctWUVm9KV7_600x450.jpg

marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map) (yahoo map)

Here is an incredible opportunity! If you have dreamed of casting off into the sunset, exploring remote Islands, the life style aboard a spacious comfortable liveaboard, or having your own business, here is your chance. This boat can make your business & sailing dreams come true.

This custom built, ketch rigged, center cockpit, cutter can take you to Alaska, Mexico, or Hawaii. She knows the way. Not only has she proven to be a comfortable and capable cruiser, she is a USCG Inspected Passenger Vessel (subchapter "T") with a maximum capacity for day sails of 41!

This vessel is in an LLC. The owners are willing to consider training, and financing.

Details
Builder/Designer
Builder: Jim Hitz at Fairhaven Shipyard
Designer: Ian Ross

Dimensions
LOA: 65'
LOD: 57'
LWL: 47'
Beam: 16'
Displacement: 51 Tons Gross, 41 Tons Net
Draft: 10'

Engine:
Engine(s): Isuzu 6 Cylinder Diesel
Engine(s) 120 HP:
Cruising Speed: 6-6.5 knts at 1800 rpm
Fuel consumption: 2 gph
Transmission: Hydraulic Transmission
Prop: 4 blade 23x22 LH

Tankage
Fuel: 452 gals -226 gals Aluminum Tanks
Water: 1200 gals
Hot Water: 3 gals -- 120-volt; plus Everhot Interfaced Heat Exchanger
Holding: Grey Water -100 gals, Black Water -65 gals
Propane: 5 gals

Accommodations
Center cockpit. Wheel hydraulic steering station in cockpit.
Soft bimini enclosure. can be fully enclosed.
All sheets lead to cockpit.
Great Cabin, living, dining, galley, aft head are aft.
No through passageway between aft main cabin and forward cabins except through cockpit. (Provides wonderful separation of function. Isolation of noise, etc.)
4 staterooms forward off center corridor, 2 port, 1 starboard and 1 focsl. Desk area on Starboard just aft of focsl and Chartroom/radioroom starboard at bottom of companionway. There is a quarter berth in the chartroom
Head with separate tiled shower port side between staterooms.
Webasto Hydronic Diesel Furnace

Galley
Custom Upright Refrigerator/Freezer
Propane Stove
Large Galley Sink

Electrical
Generator: Northern Lights 5kw Generator
4 6-volt House Batteries -new 2013
1 Engine Start Battery -new 2013
1 Gen Set Start Battery
12 V DC System Panel
120 V AC System Panel
800 Watt Galley Inverter

Deck
110# CQR Anchor w/400' ½" Galvanized Chain
"Lunch Hook" CQR Anchor w/All Chain Rode
Custom Hydraulic Anchor Windless
Salt Water Washdown Pump

Sails
Main: Staaf Sails Full Battened Main - new 2002
Mizzen: Staaf Sails Mizzen
Staysail: Staaf Sails Staysail
Yankee cut Jib: Yager Sails Yankee -new June 2002
Mule Fisherman's Staysail
Spinnaker: Symmetrical Cruising Spinnaker w/Sock
Additional Sails in storage

Electronics
VHF Radio
Digital Depth Sounder
Knot Meter
Binnacle Compass

Additional
12' Achilles Inflatable
9.9hp 4-cycle Suzuki Outboard -2011
2nd 12 foot Achilles Inflatable (needs floor boards)
Teak Deck Box w/Sunbrella Cover
Teak Deck Ice Chest w/Sunbrella Cover
Misc Deck Chairs w/Sunbrella Covers
Dock Boarding Stairs (Redwood and Teak)
Engine Room Tool Chest w/Tools

Safety Equipment
PFDs: 49 + Adult Type 1 and 6 Child Type 1
Buoyant Apparatus: 2 w/Strobes
Throw Rings:2
MOB Pole
Propane Sensor/Solenoid
Smoke Detectors
Fire Extinguishers: 7

Construction:
¼ inch rebar 2 inches on center in two directions, making a grid. Rebar is bound using wire clips. ½ inch poultry wire (brooder wire), galvanized before weaving . 4 layers on each side of the rebar, 8 layers total. All 8 layers are bound around the rebar with galvanized wire, looped through and back and twisted. There are approximately eight bazillion wire ties involved.
There are frame members every 2 feet approximately adding additional strength and stiffness.
Portland Cement formula included Pozzolana Fly Ash (added water resistance, reduced corrosion)
The plastering of the hull was done in one continuous session.
The boat was built under cover, upright (not bottom up and flipped later)
Hull, deck and interior space floors are all ferro cement and integral with the hull. Some interior bulkheads are as well. . ..making the boat exceptionally stiff and strong.
Mast and booms are aluminum. Masts are deck stepped with tabernacle.
Standing Rigging is stainless steel. Mast last pulled in 1980 (approx)
Life Lines are 1" stainless steel pipe (milk parlor tubing). Stanchion are anchored in hull

Negotiable Items
Charter Equipment
Galley & Dining Equipment
Vacuum
Carpet/Upholstery Cleaner
Bedding
Towels

Items Not Conveying w/Sale:
Wall Art
Books
Decorative Items on Shelves
Handheld Electronic Devices
Manual Navigation Tools
Personal Tools
Sailrite Sewing Machine

Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

blackjenner

Super Anarchist
Seriously?

big cabin curiser (port orchard)
00j0j_eVNTjR9eslW_600x450.jpg

condition: good
I bought this property on the lake and the boat is in the property from previous owner.i am going to develop the property so I want the boat to get out of it as soon as possible. The boat is in good shape and good condition overall,but no motor.i will post some pictures tonight.or text me I can send u the picture.