Mocking Ads on Craigslist

Norse Horse

Super Anarchist
The Rock
Adventurers out here take them on the ocean and travel down wind along the fjord about 11 nm to Squamish. There was a dozen I sailed near to last time,watched a couple fall over in the 20-25 kn wind. It is quite dramatic to round Watts Point and see Mt Garibaldi , the Chief and well over 50 kites, sails and boarders in the bay, especially for the first time. The surfskiers do this route too, there was a big race this summer. Those guys were fast, could not keep up down wind.

SemiSalt

Super Anarchist
WLIS
01515_cnBXPlDvrpB_600x450.jpg

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/boa/4696063938.html

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
it's a better platform for seeing around - whether looking at the wildlife or down into the water
That and the scenery.
Am I the only one to notice that in EVERY segment of the boating market, what you see in boats are guys?

Every one except SUP's, where I see tons of women out doing it.

If I were single, I would own one just to meet chicks.
I was out kayaking on the river on a windless day last month, and there were chicks out there, just drifting around doing yoga poses and such on their SUPs. On windy days, there's a park about 12 miles out of town where they put in and surf all the way back to town. Going down-wind at hull speed one day, it took us that full 12 miles to catch up with a couple of them that had a mile or so head start.

Still... I can't bring myself to part with the amount that even the used ones are going for. Maybe when the CL prices come down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Hard to beat cruising speed at 600 rpm. Looks real liveable but I'd have to board after dark so as not to be seen or remotely identifiable as belonging to it.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Hard to beat cruising speed at 600 rpm. Looks real liveable but I'd have to board after dark so as not to be seen or remotely identifiable as belonging to it.
Slow turning engines just seem right for a boat - "Helm, ring down for 3 more RPM".

They run forever too - I once saw some Youtube of one of those old slow turning monsters that had been running since the 30's without being rebuilt - will probably make it to the century mark with no problem.

Gives a whole new perspective on "Engine hours" (engine decades?). The only downside was that it weighed something like 4 tons and required lots of manual oiling - exposed valvetrain etc..