Mocking Ads on Craigslist

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
miscut jib said:
Isn't that sheets of decent quality (no voids/holes) softwood plywood? Or some antipodean equivalent

334760484.jpg

Looks well done. Rent it out to backpackers?
Reminds me of an old RV I had.

I'd hit that cruise control and step back and get a cold one.

Very quickly.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Unfortunately this is not an ad from a seller, but it's enjoyable nontheless

Project Escape Vehicle + Drugs... WARNING !!!

"In some cases where LSD users are known to have recently watched the movie "Water World", a serious condition may result where the user wades into a wooded section of his property, unearth's the mangled wreckage of a trimaran sailboat hull left there by the property's previous inhabitants, and proceeds to construct an "escape vehicle" by combining the hull with rotten lumber salvaged from the surrounding leaf litter."

The pic looks about like what you'd expect, but I feel this is pretty good ad

FB- Doug

Pretty honest and realistic seller, actually ...

World's Ugliest Jon Boat - $50 (Fremont NC)
00s0s_kqtJR0YqG2r_600x450.jpg

World's ugliest jon boat. 10 ft, lotsa JB weld. Kinda floats. Probably leaks some (JB weld'll fix that...again). I used this for pond fishing and running trot lines, but have moved on the the world's ugliest canoe. Pick it up in Fremont!

J_Grove

Biscayne Bay
SUP are made to piss off surfers, 1 step more annoying than long boarders :)
No argument with the annoying part, but AFAIK surfers invented them. After living in waikiki a few weeks with only a shortboard, I got an 'if you can't beat them, join them attitude' and bought a longboard. About that time, I started seeing the lifeguards (who are all top notch surfers - a very coveted job) take their surf rescue paddleboards (huge tanker things) out into the surf with a canoe paddle and catch any wave they wanted. WTF it's a damn arms race. Next thing you know, what they're doing gets a name and specific design and the damn things are everywhere. Overnight. This was around 2001 or so. Maybe the Aussies were doing SUP in waves with their paddleboards before that?

I didn't actually get around to buying one until moving to Florida a few years ago. $300 on Craigs list for a decent one. We live on a canal and its a lot of fun for puttering about. Still haven't tried to surf on one yet. The viewing angle is so much better than from our kayak. Wife has little interest in the kayak but seems to really like the SUP.

blackjenner

Super Anarchist
SUP are made to piss off surfers, 1 step more annoying than long boarders :)
No argument with the annoying part, but AFAIK surfers invented them. After living in waikiki a few weeks with only a shortboard, I got an 'if you can't beat them, join them attitude' and bought a longboard. About that time, I started seeing the lifeguards (who are all top notch surfers - a very coveted job) take their surf rescue paddleboards (huge tanker things) out into the surf with a canoe paddle and catch any wave they wanted. WTF it's a damn arms race. Next thing you know, what they're doing gets a name and specific design and the damn things are everywhere. Overnight. This was around 2001 or so. Maybe the Aussies were doing SUP in waves with their paddleboards before that?

I didn't actually get around to buying one until moving to Florida a few years ago. $300 on Craigs list for a decent one. We live on a canal and its a lot of fun for puttering about. Still haven't tried to surf on one yet. The viewing angle is so much better than from our kayak. Wife has little interest in the kayak but seems to really like the SUP.
I think I read somewhere that Laird Hamilton (while not inventing it per se') helped popularize it among the big wave crowd. It allowed him to catch larger waves.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Laird+Hamilton+SUP&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS587US587&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=nAczVJn0O7DmiwLksIHIAg&ved=0CDcQsAQ&biw=1567&bih=815

Maxx Baqustae

Super Anarchist
Canadian Southwest
It's got a Gardner! The engines are nuclear bomb proof. Not much on speed or RPM but you could climb trees with it. I would bet that there are some old salt power cruisers or tug guys would kill for that engine. Free? Phuque me.

Not crazy about the house or the interior as it done in early rumpus room.

Sort of like a friend wanted to get some pics of a 45' Bayginder (before the internet) as it was cheap. Turns out it was the only 45' with Volvo's on the planet but looking at the pics it was done in only what I can say is: "Early Petticoat Junction". The boat was in Kemah, TX. That figures.