Mocking Ads on Craigslist

blackjenner

Super Anarchist
Not mocking this one.

Needs an engine but... $6,000? Not bad looking from the pics either.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/3777864067.html

1946 Ed Monk Sr. Sailboat - $6500 (Tacoma)
3K83Gf3H35I45Kc5Hed51175d28256b09108d.jpg

DEAL FELL THROUGH SO BACK ON MARKET!

Now offering as is for $6000 Firm. Lease is transferable at TYEE. The motor that no longer works, is an Atomic 4 Diesel 16hp.

I have it stored down at Tyee Marina in Tacoma. Family/work issues prevent me from keeping this boat. So unfortunately I will be selling ASAP. Serious inquiries only. Way too many tire kickers and I don't have the time to show you just because your curious... So please be a serious buyer. I'd rather spend more time sending photos as apposed to running down to Tacoma to show someone who isn't ready to purchase.

This boat needs some minor work to the exterior, but nothing major that I can see. It's a beautiful boat looking for the right owner. I've had several people check out the motor and it definitely needs to be replaced. I just have not had time to dedicate myself to change it out or give this wood boat the attention in needs. The longer a wood boat sits, the more work it will eventually need.

Built in Mid 40s in Seattle of stout cedar on oak frames. Moonsail SV.
Beam 9ft , draft 4ft, 7 tons displacement, 4000 lb. ballast, cast iron wood stove, hand carvings and inlay wood work throughout. 6+ lanterns, a lot of character. 3 sails (main and two jibs - decent shape).
5'9" head room in cabin
The boat is wired for shore power, however I do not have much in the way of electronics. A few cabin lights, am/fm radio, older CB, and electric bilge pump. It also has a depth finder.

Not too many of these boats left in this good of shape.
Well known around the Puget Sound.
On the cover of "Cruising the San Juan Islands" -- Bruce Calhoun
New stainless steel rudder -- Spring 2010
New zincs -- February 2012
Bottom Paint -- Spring 2010
Stuffing Box Repacked- Spring 2010

I do not have a current survey on the boat. More pictures available upon request. Photos are from boat this last summer (2012).

Due to the overwhelming number of e-mails I received last go-around I will respond and show in order as I receive them. Only seems fair.

Key words: antique, sail, sailboat, cutter, live-aboard, ed monk sr., diesel,

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
That engine looks like it was ripped off the back of a boat in the middle of the night.