Mocking Ads on Craigslist

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Engineless Ferrosprout Contraption in the Middle of Nowhere

Sadly, no pics. It actually doesn't sound like a bad one, for a person who wants such a thing. It seems the one such person now doesn't want it.

I just wonder how it got there and how aggravated the lock tenders must have been. It's many miles in a canal from either coast and we dump our big lake into those canals, so it's generally upstream.
Moorehaven is a nice little place. I can see a cruiser settling in there to do some major work..... and the Inga is a nice boat (if you're into crab crushers). But something about this is just wrong.... the price for starters...... putting Dunes Dux into a 1930s design shows a seriously stupid set of priorities IMHO wonder how much more he screwed up ( and lacks the technical savvy to post a photo of)

FB- Doug

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/73940

"Waiver of liability: Since this boat has been build with the intent of non-commercial, personal use by an amateur welder/builder, the purchaser must sign a waiver of liability absolving the builder of any punitive or fiscal damages resulting in any failure as a result of construction quality or techniques used."
Bloody hell, I can buy 2 locally that are priced at less than that, are finished and in the water already.

Typical amateur - thinks the amount he's spent to date has any relationship to current worth. He'll be really lucky to get $5K for that regardless of what's included because the cost of finishing it means that, as it is, it has negative worth.

FKT

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Moorehaven is a nice little place. I can see a cruiser settling in there to do some major work..... and the Inga is a nice boat (if you're into crab crushers). But something about this is just wrong.... the price for starters...... putting Dunes Dux into a 1930s design shows a seriously stupid set of priorities IMHO wonder how much more he screwed up ( and lacks the technical savvy to post a photo of)

FB- Doug
He may realize any photos could only hurt his chances of selling.

Moore Haven is a good yard and cheap but lots of representatives of the Zombie fleet...

woahboy

Anarchist
North of DFW
Bloody hell, I can buy 2 locally that are priced at less than that, are finished and in the water already.

Typical amateur - thinks the amount he's spent to date has any relationship to current worth. He'll be really lucky to get $5K for that regardless of what's included because the cost of finishing it means that, as it is, it has negative worth.

FKT
Looks like the steel boat being built on you tube. 

bmuz

Virginia
So this is not an ad to sell a boat, and the price is zero, but it is mockworthy nonetheless: cook, clean and bar tend for free! Hey, at least he didn't mention sexual favors...

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/zip/d/free-sailing-trip-in-the/6642350559.html

Free Sailing Trip In The British Virgin Islands (British Virgin Islands)

00Y0Y_kGjF8oSm4ow_600x450.jpg

condition: good
make / manufacturer: Lagoon
model name / number: Catamaran
size / dimensions: 45ft

I am looking for someone to assist me with planning and running a 10 day sailing trip in the British Virgin Islands. I will be skippering a 45ft catamaran and need someone to cook, clean and bartend for the 10 passengers aboard. There will be more playtime than worktime on this trip...I just need a reliable, responsible person to help out. They will be responsible for airfare to the island and all other costs are covered related to boat and food.

Something so sad about spending 20 years and $52,000 to get a part finished rusting pile of steel plate that requires a disclaimer.
I watched a gentleman in Port Tampa spend nearly 20 years building a steel "yacht".   As it progressed, I saw that it was less and less a marine architect driven design and more of a first hack.   It was never finished.   Progress stopped and for about two years nothing happened on it.   Now, for the past three or four years, I think his son has been hacking it up and sending the remains off to recycling.   This past summer, the last of it was removed from the lot and all the support storage i.e. containers have been removed.

Kind of sad to see the progress and decline.

I will work on a vid to put in Youtube to show the progression.

- Stumbling

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
I watched a gentleman in Port Tampa spend nearly 20 years building a steel "yacht".   As it progressed, I saw that it was less and less a marine architect driven design and more of a first hack.   It was never finished.   Progress stopped and for about two years nothing happened on it.   Now, for the past three or four years, I think his son has been hacking it up and sending the remains off to recycling.   This past summer, the last of it was removed from the lot and all the support storage i.e. containers have been removed.

Kind of sad to see the progress and decline.

I will work on a vid to put in Youtube to show the progression.

- Stumbling
What price dreams?

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Looks like the steel boat being built on you tube. 
At least this one was being built to a design that's known to float and there are a lot of examples out there actually sailing. I think of them as more motor-sailer than a real sailboat but they do work well.

The 'Emerald Steel' people have covered more miles in theirs than 95% of sailors have in much faster & more weatherly boats.

That YouTube fuckwit - I still think it's an elaborate long-running joke at the expense of his viewers. So I don't.

FKT

Bull City

Bull City
North Carolina
http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/73940

"Waiver of liability: Since this boat has been build with the intent of non-commercial, personal use by an amateur welder/builder, the purchaser must sign a waiver of liability absolving the builder of any punitive or fiscal damages resulting in any failure as a result of construction quality or techniques used."
Just so there is no misunderstanding:

"NOTE: The term "new" used above means that the referenced items, though purchased over a span of approximately 20 years have never been mounted on a boat nor used on a boat. Most item are still in original packaging where appropriate and are in "like new" condition."

lasal

Super Anarchist
Denver
"Pay me $7500 and I'll deliver it - I promise"
Yeah, that's a good one. Plus it sounds like the boat is being brought to Colorado regardless. This guy sales skills are steak knife winning:

For Sale Through Connections From a Professional Marine Contractor on the East Coast
Delivered straight from the J-29 Class Racing Circuit of NYC to Any Lake in Colorado (Basic Functional Dual Axle Trailer Also Available For Additional $3500)

$7250 Refundable Deposit Holds the Boat Until it is Delivered - Then you decide if you want to complete the purchase or not once you get on the boat

IF I DON'T SELL IT AT THIS PRICE THIS WEEK, BEFORE I GET IT BACK TO COLORADO, THEN I'M GOING TO REFRESH THE TEAK WITH 12 COATS OF VARNISH AND AWLGRIP THE TOPSIDES/DECK AND PRICE WILL GO UP TO $24,000.

Very Well Maintained Vessel with no structural issues or soft spots. 100% Ready to Sail!!

Go Do Your Homework and then Give me a Call