Canada
When we lived on our boat ours was 8

3 - port hull diesel

2- other hull "thruster outboard"

2-dinghy o/b

1-dive compressor Honda

Monkey Butler

Mass
We’ve done that one too. I think it got bogged down on whether you count stuff like chain saws, lawn mowers and generators.  

Since I wasted half of today repairing a lawn mower, I’d vote yes.  Which puts me well over 100.  
I am including small engines in the count. The original reasoning was that things like lawn mowers and chain saws probably create more emissions than a modern automobile engine. 

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
Thanks Monkey,

She’s back home and has taken back her role of younger sister and alpha female. Wife is enjoying her day with Claire home and I need to go to GA and call my Mother since she crossed the bar on the 26th after a long journey.

You guys are the best!

Monkey Butler

Mass
You guys are the best!
92b5b07b0511b84519ce3c63ed880a5f043d6735e4e8e8a0841ecd6e22599ac1.jpg

Therapy

W FL
I belonged to a forum where someone asked what everyone's "cylinder index" was. At the time mine was 42 I think. One guy was over 100.

Cylinder Index: Take an inventory of all the internal combustion engines that you own and add the number of cylinders in each together. The sum equals your cylinder index.

My current = 17
Heh.  26 - GAK!!  I just complained about the number (to myself) a little bit ago and then bought an aircraft with two more.  Sheesh!

Therapy

W FL
You know, that may actually be a better impression!   I will have to change my arrangements to be from that angle.  

Thats going to be a fun conversation with my wife to get that ball rolling!

"Honey, I've been thinking, instead of a nice memorial with friends and family, I just want a Viking Metal Rave off of Bayshore Blvd, with full fireworks, including launching my mortal remains up 800 feet in the air and exploding in multiple 8"+ Salute shells as a finale.   What do think?"

(Salute - Shell containing a large quantity of flash powder rather than stars, producing a quick flash followed by a large report. Salutes are commonly used in large quantities during finales to create intense noise and brightness. They are often cylindrical in shape to allow for a larger payload of flash powder but ball shapes are common as well.) Plenty of room to mix in my dust!

The funny thing is, I have had the conversation with her about setting me free in some commercial grade fireworks.   I started out with doing it from a muzzle loading cannon, but then it evolved into turning the cannon into a mortar, then just straight to fireworks mortars.

The rave part is going to be a harder sell...

- Stumbling
I want to be reduced, put into a douche and run through one more time.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Was torn as to whether to put this here or in the Zombie Fleet. 

Many in our little town complain about this eyesore, and I've just felt sorry for it. The listing adds kind of a sad story as well, including current owners who aren't in touch with reality

1971 coranado sail boat - $5000

00303_de4oyDUTPXj_600x450.jpg

"Condition: Good"

https://eastnc.craigslist.org/boa/d/washington-1971-coranado-sail-boat/6887263974.html
Is that a giant bong in the V-berth?

00K0K_wfKWFKfbWj_600x450.jpg

Instead of "condition: good" it should say, condition filthy and missing a bunch of stuff.

Why do people take boats and turn them into housing for raccoons with ADHD?

FB- Doug

Bugsy

Super Anarchist
Canada
"This boat was left to us by someone who passed away..."

So that is the ultimate revenge for someone you don't like?  Just before dying, buy one of these zombies and leave it to them in your will.  

(Of course that's sarcastic.  Dealing with stuff left over after someone passes away is always emotional and difficult.)  

AnotherSailor

Super Anarchist
SF Bay
Always inspiring to hear that the engine issue is an easy fix. 

The deal breaker, though, is the mast that isn't there but needs a ton of work nevertheless: "The mast is gone and needs a significant amount of work "

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
11 cylinders for boats. 7 for lawn equipment. 10 in the cars, or maybe 12. I don't really know what powers my car. Generator has two. I'll count retired lawn machines as half a cylinder, so that's one more for an even 30. Or 32.

Last edited by a moderator: