Mocking Ads on Craigslist

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
Well, just counting on my fingers, I can only come up with about 80 cylinders.  But it's not like a formal inventory.  There's probably crap laying around out of sight out of mind.  

Personal vehicles 12

Farm trucks 18

Tractors 12

ATVs 4

Boat & outboards 11

Chainsaws pruners & log splitters 9

Lawn stuff & pressure washer 6

Generators & scuba compressor 9

No wonder I never get anything done around here... way past the maintenance diminishing returns horizon.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Monkey Butler

Mass
Well that's impressive...
I'm on the other end of the spectrum: I've got a total of 5!

4 in the van, 1 on the boat.

All garden stuff is electric...

Who else is at the bottom of the range?
So what would the boatyard paradigm be? Cordless tools; number of cells, sum of voltage, amp hours?

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
Maybe not a joke.  After the big Rigid 9 amp-hour beast came on board I started wondering whether we should worry about proliferation of lithium ion batteries.  At the least, the charging-farm can get annoying.  

Maybe not a craigslist subject though.  New thread for esoteric inventories?  

Windward

Super Anarchist

Laudable goal...  I'm trying hard to cut back.

Tossed 2 gas trimmers this past weekend after spending way too much time fiddling...  Argg...  Electric will have to work, albeit not gracefully.

Do air compressors count?  If electric I don't think so.

Gutless oil leaking pressure washer is next for the bin. (it was free anyway)

Auto fleet trimmed to two.  Best move ever... so much less logistics.

" He who dies with the most toys wins" is BS.  Stuff starts to own you, rather than the other way around.  I wish I'd simplified more 20+ years ago. 

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD

Boat: 3

Truck: 6

Subaru: 4

Mower: 1

for a total of 14. I have a lot of electric lawn implements as well.

eric1207

Anarchist
Seattle
Amazed how they add up.   I counted 40, but 10 or so are in back of the back shelf longing for a new life.  Do 110 volt air compressors count as cylinders?  43 then.  Thats not counting the handful of little 12 volt tire pumps. 

Similarly amazed when I counted total length of boats owned for that thread.

Interesting perspective of how stuff accumulates over the years.

sshow bob

Super Anarchist
Maine
Cars - 24

Boats - 9

Farm equipment - 12

Tools - 2 (also transitioning to electric handheld tools)

Total - 47.  Not near the top but still seems like a lot...

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
3 for boats

10 for transportation

1 to make mulch.    

4 & 1/2 more at work counting an 1970s tractor with a crack, do I need to count work equipment?  

Total  Hp around 500.   That statistic needs to be considered as well, like ballast to sail area.  That gives 25 hp per cylinder but its sabotaged by the Evinrude’s 2 cylinders for 4 HP.   

Autonomous

Turgid Member
PNW
19 cyl across 6 engines.

Pick up (61 hp per cylinder), car (44), boat (13), tractor (11) and mower (6).

If you like a puzzle but want a hint I can give you the total hp.

TheDragon

Super Anarchist
East central Illinois
Does anyone else follow Mustie1 on YouTube? He's into fixing internal combustion driven machines and posting videos of his work, and his cylinder count might be well over 200.

My count is pretty low, everything garden and even my boat is now electric, so 9 for two cars.

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
Here’s a good one.

The owner knows it needs some cosmetics and the draft may be off a little with 4 years of growth on the bottom.

Don't worry about the electronics, the 2 lightning strikes took them out for you.

And who needs to worry about a pesky title when it’s time to move on...

https://hiltonhead.craigslist.org/boa/d/hilton-head-island-36-custom-sailboat/6882617375.html

F247A0AF-8394-43FF-85E5-7C2ADC8393C4.jpeg

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Back to mocking, here's a "brand new" MacGregor 26 asking $60k, partly because it has a "self ferler", whatever that is.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/chilliwack-26-macgregor-sailboat/6877842404.html
From the ad "Manufactured in 2014 and finishing it up now. A real yacht! Your option if you want the custom Miss Scarlet art wrap we have had designed!
Contained head (rarest option), shower (second rarest option), aluminum trailer, Ipod, sail inventory, self ferler and much more. There is no other boat on the planet in this category. We are proud to list this yacht and it is way under value at this price!
"

Seems to me that their business model should not include letting that much capital lay around for 5 years. But hey, it's got a "contained head" whatever that is, and apparently the lucky buyer would be among the few Mac/Tattoo owners who shower.

FB- Doug

And now, a new submission for the committee to consider, review and devastate:

https://savannah.craigslist.org/boa/d/crescent-65ft-sailboat-cruiser-with/6889106235.html

00505_k6HhoIys3fO_1200x900.jpg

00v0v_dZJWsFZcKmW_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_ciIfM2tcC34_1200x900.jpg

00k0k_iIs897KqjhG_1200x900.jpg

00U0U_gGPhuvVe4mF_1200x900.jpg

00101_lDLkDTQIiC1_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_dsBd0IidwVv_1200x900.jpg

A possibly mobile crack/meth yacht, for a burgeoning Walter White to make a little extra cash.

Note the rigging design, which prevents the possible overwhelming of stability, resulting in the ruin of the current batch of "product" being developed below.

A plus is the steel "patina" for keeping a low profile.

- Stumbling

Latest posts