Mocking Ads on Craigslist

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
00k0k_iIs897KqjhG_1200x900.jpg
Wrong thread, I know, but does anyone else Admire the stainless throttle mount box?

Well, just counting on my fingers, I can only come up with about 80 cylinders.  But it's not like a formal inventory.  There's probably crap laying around out of sight out of mind.  

Personal vehicles 12

Farm trucks 18

Tractors 12

ATVs 4

Boat & outboards 11

Chainsaws pruners & log splitters 9

Lawn stuff & pressure washer 6

Generators & scuba compressor 9

No wonder I never get anything done around here... way past the maintenance diminishing returns horizon.  
I could make you feel a bit better by having a bit of fun with my neighbor.

Just going from memory...

Personal cars 26 not counting the race car with another 8, so I guess that's 34

Swamp buggy and swamp track 16

Backhoes 8

Tractor 4

Tree spade I think has 3

Boats, not counting a few jetskis that are in the zombie fleet 31 plus the Lycoming in the airboat makes 37

ATV's about 6 depending on how you count

I think his home diesel generator has 4 and I think the one in his big boat has 3

He has two cement mixers but one's really for parts so that's 2 I guess

His Scag mower is quite a bit bigger than mine but I just looked it up and also 2 cylinders.

Tiny forklift 1

Chainsaws and such about 6

There are more I'm disregarding due to zombie status and probably more I have forgotten and I probably got at least one of those wrong. But that's still 126.

I think I have to tell him about this game.

Wrong thread, I know, but does anyone else Admire the stainless throttle mount box?

I could make you feel a bit better by having a bit of fun with my neighbor.

Just going from memory...

Personal cars 26 not counting the race car with another 8, so I guess that's 34

Swamp buggy and swamp track 16

Backhoes 8

Tractor 4

Tree spade I think has 3

Boats, not counting a few jetskis that are in the zombie fleet 31 plus the Lycoming in the airboat makes 37

ATV's about 6 depending on how you count

I think his home diesel generator has 4 and I think the one in his big boat has 3

He has two cement mixers but one's really for parts so that's 2 I guess

His Scag mower is quite a bit bigger than mine but I just looked it up and also 2 cylinders.

Tiny forklift 1

Chainsaws and such about 6

There are more I'm disregarding due to zombie status and probably more I have forgotten and I probably got at least one of those wrong. But that's still 126.

I think I have to tell him about this game.
I had considered mentioning the weld work on that stainless steel throttle riser, but then decided to see how long it took another practiced eye to spot it.    That looks to be the best piece of hardware and work on the whole vessel.

- Stumbling

^ Thanks, FO. Looking at the website, he appears to be a very creative, talented and interesting dude. Had I the spare change, I would definitely buy some of his sculpture, or maybe commission some kind of cool outdoor cook stove. Just not the boat. Though the spartan interior has a certain appeal, and that wood stove would keep you cozy on those cool Lake Superior evenings.

Just realized that I've driven by that fish in Marten River a few times, it is quite eye catching.

Last edited by a moderator:

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the ugly boat thread but I think the price makes it mockable, considering what else you could get for $30,000 CAD right now.

Anybody want to buy the S/V Dill Pickle?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sailboat/thunder-bay/custom-made-steel-sailboat-for-sale/1428203050?siteLocale=en_CA  

View attachment 308976
That thing makes George Buehler look like an artist.
Definitely goes in this thread. I don't see anything admirable at all. It's a shame that several useful items like the anchor, fuel cans, and ladder, are getting the kooties from this abortion rubbed off on them

This thing doesn't even look as good as a Dr Seuss cartoon of a boat.

FB- Doug

Bull City

A fine fellow
North Carolina
The only reason to build a boat is because you want to build a boat.
SJB has hit it again.

Cylinder Index:

As to ICE cylinders, here's all I have. I have no clue as to cylinders or HP except where noted:

2 Subarus (Outback & Impreza)

1 Chainsaw

1 Lawnmower (3 HP)

1 Chipper (5 HP)

Pickle

The S/V Dill Pickle is quite a find. I like the Toe/Bull rail along the sheer, and the perky way she rides on her lines, not to mention the penitentiary-style interior.

image.png

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1/2 scale model of the Spitfire looks fairly decent, at distance. The rest of it... well, I'll leave it up to y'all.

And I was impressed by his candor: "Sleeps 2." He's obviously no salesman...

Foiling Optimist

Super Anarchist
Vancouver BC.
For a folksy home build at $30,000 for 26' I expect two things, First, all the systems work and everything is in great shape. Second, I want an eclectic, interesting but above all COZY interior. This interior make an IMOCA60 look like a north west coast tug lovingly and professionally converted to a private yacht. 

A nice one for the right skipper - good crop of deck weed ready for harvest, and apparently it comes with all the parts to put it back together.  Includes the rare "running forestay" option.

https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/boa/d/merritt-island-free-24-sailboat-title/6889272020.html
Now that is a "Tool Time" fraculator!!!

00G0G_6oGvqDLyMVp_1200x900.jpg

Although, I don't think that would help this vessel's downwind performance.

Likewise, the attempt at removing "junk in the trunk" has moved the meter on cockpit usability into the deep red negative:

00B0B_6LJUFOPICHs_1200x900.jpg

- Stumbling

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
...     ...     ...    The S/V Dill Pickle is quite a find. I like the Toe/Bull rail along the sheer, and the perky way she rides on her lines, not to mention the penitentiary-style interior.

View attachment 309026

Ha Ha Ha.... "penitentiary style interior." Maybe he's hoping to sell it to a wanna-be monk?

Perky is for boobs, not so good for boats. And this is not the PerkyBoat Admiration thread anyway!!

FB- Doug

Latest posts