Mocking Ads on Craigslist

chester

Super Anarchist
Well he is right about one thing.  It WOULD be an interesting BnB experience.  
i love how people trying to sell shit tip you off to what a great business oportunity is there...why doesn't DUDE start a B&B with them?  :D

is that a cat 22?

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
I know prices are up and it's the start of the season too but some people are getting a little carried away.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/bod/d/surrey-mirage-sailboat/7462538099.html

00101_c6nODpj7osFz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg

Bugsy

Super Anarchist
Canada
$1.3k/foot seems like a lot to me for a 43 year old 4ksb.  Yes, it looks like it is in great shape but still....  

Gone by next weekend 
I recently looked at a Tayana 37 for $45k which was on FB marketplace for all of five days, some dudes bachelor pad out in Tseuhum. Deck cores were rotten everywhere and the rigging was original, along with a million other items of decay - sold before I could even do the math on whether it was actually a deal given layday costs in BC now (it was definitely not).

The sheer volume of people getting suckered right now has to be the highest in decades, it’s unreal.

Leeroy Jenkins

Super Anarchist
Vancouver
Yeah, I had a hard time finding something last year.  It seemed people weren't even getting surveys, just buying boats.  Ended up looking in the US.  Much better prices and far more selection.   All in we were still under the local market "value". 

The upside is that the old boat sold for my asking price in a matter of days - without a survey! 

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/d/seattle-1977-islander-32-mark-ii/7458268276.html

This CL includes the CL listing when he bought the boat for $14,900 less than 2 yrs ago. Now he's asking $23K.
What i have always dreamed of.  Having a yoga mat on the salon floor

nothing against yoga, but somehow, it just does not seem to fit, beating to weather while doing yoga. 

At the end of the watch or end of the day, i’ll be thinking about chilling out with some chow and a drink.  

Last edited by a moderator:

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
Oh please.  That’s the entire reason La Vag became famous.

But obviously, the mat is there to conceal the extension cord for the dorm fridge.  That’s the extra $8100.

Latest posts