Mocking Ads on Craigslist

herzogone

I wonder why they wont accept Allstate?
Good question that I don't think they ever got a clear answer to. It seems Safe Harbor just said Allstate was not an acceptable insurer and directed them to their recommended company. I can't recall which one that was. Now I'm curious to find out more. I'll follow up if I find out anything interesting.

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
This guy is pissed at the world, read through the comments.

I read most of what he said, and never did understand why he had to change his plans. All I could figure was a mention of COVID. How does COVID stop one from going cruising? Get the proper inoculations required for international travel, grab your gear and some cash (or a skill that can earn you cash along the way) and head out.

I know, the Black Plague shot is one hell of a bitch, but after a day, you get over it. (At least we did in Basic Training prior to Infantry training prior to shipping out to Vietnam.)

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Good question that I don't think they ever got a clear answer to. It seems Safe Harbor just said Allstate was not an acceptable insurer and directed them to their recommended company. I can't recall which one that was. Now I'm curious to find out more. I'll follow up if I find out anything interesting.
When I started driving Allstate was notorious for evading payment of claims.

Autonomous

Turgid Member
PNW
Having once had a gig in the disposal business I get a good laugh out of folks wanting garbage hauled off for free or even paid for it!

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
miami.craigslist.org

Boat - free stuff

Free boat with title. Floats needs to be towed

miami.craigslist.org

FREE CAT
well once upon a cat but it is a glass production 30ish

maybe to hi priced at free
Ahh.. Perfect for the start of some new couples' YouTube channel.

Hopefully, a YouTube channel about home use of explosives.

Dogscout

On walkabout
Ahh.. Perfect for the start of some new couples' YouTube channel.
Episode 1. We Bought a Boat. Bikini thumbnail. Guy with man-bun and tats starts talking about eco friendly electric conversion and the chick goes on about how vegan sustainability is thier biggest goal. We are gonna train ourselves to drink seawater and eat kelp. Episode 2. Swimming with pigs. Episode 3. She is showing more skin, as they need more patreons to keep this dream alive.

It dies around Episode 7. Boat ends up in some storage yard in Florida. Will be sold to Babs and Larry from Minneapolis who just saw this YouTube channel called LA Vag. Have you seen it?

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
Episode 1. We Bought a Boat. Bikini thumbnail. Guy with man-bun and tats starts talking about eco friendly electric conversion and the chick goes on about how vegan sustainability is thier biggest goal. We are gonna train ourselves to drink seawater and eat kelp. Episode 2. Swimming with pigs. Episode 3. She is showing more skin, as they need more patreons to keep this dream alive.

It dies around Episode 7. Boat ends up in some storage yard in Florida. Will be sold to Babs and Larry from Minneapolis who just saw this YouTube channel called LA Vag. Have you seen it?
Nailed it.

eastbay

Oakland
Here we go:

Im asking a higher price to attract a responsible buyer...

No motor...

I dont recommend a motor...at least an outboard..but ot is possible...using the transom would break the boat and sink it.

So this boat has been in my possession for about 21 years that is 21 years in the water I spent 14 months rebuilding it between $2,000 and 2001 that would include laminating 1500 ft of wood into the seams and recreating the seams all that helped strengthen the planking in addition to this I replaced about 40 frames not entirely but partially the refacining involved approximately 1500 screws and bolts that it also include rebuilding of the stern area with floors and the bow with reinforcements the Mast step interior structure which is quite impressive was also addressed and I built something that's very cool to support nastiness out on the bay I've had this vessel up to speeds around 9 knots it'll easily go seven and a half knots it has a racing Ballinger rig that was replaced by the previous owner due to an accident the sales are pretty beat nothing to write home about the only thing it needs technically at the moment to sell would be one piece of standing rigging on the mast and a running rigging piece the mass Main halyard the boat does not take on water at all let's put it this way I pumped it out over a month ago like 2 gallons of water maybe I know what I'm doing I was trained under the guidance of a group of boat rights that have been flown in from Australia and New Zealand to rebuild a very famous kiwi boat within the boat I'm selling you will find pieces of calorie wood and other exotic switch are rot resistant my main intention if I find the right buyer and still let this go sadly because my agenda does not have enough time for the boat which deserves more attention the bottom is still pretty good because I do a kick-ass job it's been 4 years I think when I say that I'm not kidding that would including capsulating the iron Keel with proper and three coats on the bottom it's starting to show little growth on the sides near the water line after sitting for a year and a half now what else can I tell you it's one of a kind most of these boats have been chopped up and thrown into dumpsters because of their light construction the boat weighs only about four and a half thousand pounds at the most due to this and the fact that there's no propeller drag this boat flies like a Maserati and it tends to look a little bit like one too I've always thought of it that way it's a Fairy Tail boat that deserves somebody who has maybe another five $10,000 to throw at it intelligently if you gave it over to a boat yard to do the work and make it all perfect and pretty you'll probably hurt the boat I'm looking for somebody that knows the difference between a Dutchman and a Flying Dutchman somebody that understands the difference between tight seam Carvel and regular carvelt the difference between mono and monell and Ferris bronze this is not a boat unless they're already in love with sailing and know how to work with wood the boat really doesn't need that much woodwork frankly it's all pretty solid it's nothing to write home about on some levels and from about 20 ft it looks like a million dollars especially with a new coat of deck paint there's a couple little issues with the cabin top but nothing fatal anyway if you're interested shoot me a response this is one of the best boats I think in the bay it was designed by the same guy who did the chili Frisco flyer this boat predates that and it was a runner-up for a competition back in the mid-50s it certainly not the kind of boat you want to go offshore with but I took it through 30 ft swells under the Golden Gate and surfed back in on them quite successfully cuz I'm still talking that was quite a trip if you're ever in that kind of situation in a boat without a motor you want to go into the angle towards the North Tower and you'll find an Eddie between there and Richardson babe use that to your advantage
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Here we go:

No motor...

I dont recommend a motor.........

It's a shame this boat has been 21 years in the keeping of such a nutball. The Kings' Cruisers were rather nice Scandinavian-built boats, somewhat like a stretched upscale Folkboat. Graceful hull with overhangs, laminated ribs, glued-spline mahogany planking, nice. My family had one in the 1970s, it had a Volvo 1-cylinder diesel inboard, so there goes the "no engine" theory.

Diarmuid

Super Anarchist
Laramie, WY, USA
Here we go:

No motor...

I dont recommend a motor...at least an outboard..but ot is possible...using the transom would break the boat and sink it.

So this boat has been in my possession for about 21 years that is 21 years in the water I spent 14 months rebuilding it between $2,000 and 2001 that would include laminating 1500 ft of wood into the seams and recreating the seams all that helped strengthen the planking in addition to this I replaced about 40 frames not entirely but partially the refacining involved approximately 1500 screws and bolts that it also include rebuilding of the stern area with floors and the bow with reinforcements the Mast step interior structure which is quite impressive was also addressed and I built something that's very cool to support nastiness out on the bay I've had this vessel up to speeds around 9 knots it'll easily go seven and a half knots it has a racing Ballinger rig that was replaced by the previous owner due to an accident the sales are pretty beat nothing to write home about the only thing it needs technically at the moment to sell would be one piece of standing rigging on the mast and a running rigging piece the mass Main halyard the boat does not take on water at all let's put it this way I pumped it out over a month ago like 2 gallons of water maybe I know what I'm doing I was trained under the guidance of a group of boat rights that have been flown in from Australia and New Zealand to rebuild a very famous kiwi boat within the boat I'm selling you will find pieces of calorie wood and other exotic switch are rot resistant my main intention if I find the right buyer and still let this go sadly because my agenda does not have enough time for the boat which deserves more attention the bottom is still pretty good because I do a kick-ass job it's been 4 years I think when I say that I'm not kidding that would including capsulating the iron Keel with proper and three coats on the bottom it's starting to show little growth on the sides near the water line after sitting for a year and a half now what else can I tell you it's one of a kind most of these boats have been chopped up and thrown into dumpsters because of their light construction the boat weighs only about four and a half thousand pounds at the most due to this and the fact that there's no propeller drag this boat flies like a Maserati and it tends to look a little bit like one too I've always thought of it that way it's a Fairy Tail boat that deserves somebody who has maybe another five $10,000 to throw at it intelligently if you gave it over to a boat yard to do the work and make it all perfect and pretty you'll probably hurt the boat I'm looking for somebody that knows the difference between a Dutchman and a Flying Dutchman somebody that understands the difference between tight seam Carvel and regular carvelt the difference between mono and monell and Ferris bronze this is not a boat unless they're already in love with sailing and know how to work with wood the boat really doesn't need that much woodwork frankly it's all pretty solid it's nothing to write home about on some levels and from about 20 ft it looks like a million dollars especially with a new coat of deck paint there's a couple little issues with the cabin top but nothing fatal anyway if you're interested shoot me a response this is one of the best boats I think in the bay it was designed by the same guy who did the chili Frisco flyer this boat predates that and it was a runner-up for a competition back in the mid-50s it certainly not the kind of boat you want to go offshore with but I took it through 30 ft swells under the Golden Gate and surfed back in on them quite successfully cuz I'm still talking that was quite a trip if you're ever in that kind of situation in a boat without a motor you want to go into the angle towards the North Tower and you'll find an Eddie between there and Richardson babe use that to your advantage
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
Holy wall of text, Batman!

bmiller

Super Anarchist
Buena Vista, Colorado
Seeker starter set for only 9500? Variable pitch prop included.

However, when complete, this boat might not be tender enough to be truly Seekeresque.

I thought briefly about posting this on one of seekers episodes to see if one of his dreamer followers would buy it. Then thought better of it, probably saved a life.

pictahitiana30101a.jpg

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Seeker starter set for only 9500? Variable pitch prop included.

However, when complete, this boat might not be tender enough to be truly Seekeresque.

I thought briefly about posting this on one of seekers episodes to see if one of his dreamer followers would buy it. Then thought better of it, probably saved a life.

pictahitiana30101a.jpg

Y'know, my first thought was that this was a delusion-level bad deal. Then I thought, the boats of this design are like Hanna's Tahiti Ketch, very highly thought of by people who like heavy old fashioned sail-around-Cape-Horn-without-reefing type boats. So it's not a totally impractical kludge with no hope of ever functioning as as actual sailing vessel.

Then I saw this:
"Hull sides partially retain building primer, deck and house has surface rust."