Mocking Ads on Craigslist

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
Not for sale but this "catamaran" deserves some of that special SA love...

View attachment 539870
Best Damn use of a farty barge, I have ever seen. I would rather have this than a mac. (of course, the number of items I would rather have than a Mac 26 would easily surpass an uncountable number. Say something on the order of almost 10^80 power which equals the number of atoms in the known universe)

py26129

Super Anarchist
Montreal
Race Rocks seems to finally be clearing out some of its zombies so it has room for paying customers.

EC8CEE7F-20C5-45AF-A085-E79A228EE7D9.jpeg

andykane

Victoria, BC
Where do I even start with this one? The price would be delusional even if it was a nice example and this one is... unique.

- Giant knee-capping gimbal attached to the pedestal
- V-berth cushion specially shaped to fit around sewage hoses
- Exposed "industrial chiq" bare aluminum everywhere
- Bare aluminum helm chair w/ headrest mounted manual bilge pump
- Enough switches and gauges at the pedestal and nav station to satisfy your wildest fantasies

"The hydraulics also power two 60 GPM pumps and an air compressor which are cleverly plumbed to de-water flooded compartments or to free the vessel if grounded via six keel jets."

"Exposed frames, insulation, and plywood interior decking are offset by the elegant utility of this boat, and so many of her astoundingly impressive systems"

Autonomous

Turgid Member
PNW
Where do I even start with this one? The price would be delusional even if it was a nice example and this one is... unique.

- Giant knee-capping gimbal attached to the pedestal
- V-berth cushion specially shaped to fit around sewage hoses
- Exposed "industrial chiq" bare aluminum everywhere
- Bare aluminum helm chair w/ headrest mounted manual bilge pump
- Enough switches and gauges at the pedestal and nav station to satisfy your wildest fantasies

"The hydraulics also power two 60 GPM pumps and an air compressor which are cleverly plumbed to de-water flooded compartments or to free the vessel if grounded via six keel jets."

"Exposed frames, insulation, and plywood interior decking are offset by the elegant utility of this boat, and so many of her astoundingly impressive systems"

Saw that one the other day. At first I thought she was some French world traveler so I took a close look on the dock. A couple women stepped off of her and her roll was slow, real slow. I thought maybe that was a characteristic of a centerboarder of the type. With a minimum draft of 5' 6" that's not the case I think.
There is a lot of stuff welded to the deck. 20 dorades, most with tube rails, four anchor platforms, a tall house, windmills, arch, self steering windvane. We know cruisers' decks get busy but I suspect this girl was not designed for that sort of load.

Last edited:

Autonomous

Turgid Member
PNW
Hydraulic pump(s!), air compressor with lines going everywhere and we saw the complex nav station. Other complex systems are listed on the brokers site.
Imagine how crowded the engine compartment and bilges are.
Suspect access to anything important is compromised.

Last edited:

dfw_sailor

Super Anarchist
DFW

12k + you pay to remove from property.

I'll pass. A couple of internal cabin photos are nice (probably back from the day). The other photos are worth a look.

01010_kjBD7cCxKZiz_0ir0CI_600x450.jpg

NZK

Anarchist
Roaming
https://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/boa/7542049908.html

"Needs some work to get it up and sailing."

Ya think?
Every line of this advert is amazing
"Can be used to sail or as advertisement." WTF are you going advertise with this shit heap? The apocalypse?
"Engine and other parts for additional cost" So they've got a seized engine block and a few rusty chain-plates in a box?

Corpus Craigslist is brilliant - 80K carbon fishing boats that wouldn't look out of place in the tender garage of a superyacht and then the most rogue collection of sail powered vessels (or potentially sail powered in this instance)

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Every line of this advert is amazing
"Can be used to sail or as advertisement." WTF are you going advertise with this shit heap? The apocalypse?
"Engine and other parts for additional cost" So they've got a seized engine block and a few rusty chain-plates in a box?
Whaddya want for only $10,000.00?