Rate according to the most inhuman, vile, disgusting, destructive evil:
Hitler
Stalin
Mao
Kim Jung Un
Attilla the Hun
Putin
The airline industry

My vote is the airlines, at least the other guys on the list wouldn't make you any silly promises before they torture and kill you. They dumped my 85 year old mother-in-law in an urban airport at midnight recently with no explanation or assistance offered. Last week they cancelled my short flight to Miami and instead sent me to Philly then Ft. Lauderdale and charged me extra for the privilege. Don't even get me started on how the international flights are operated. These guys are savages, they take no responsibility and once you get past security you are completely helpless. Our tax dollars saved em during Covid and look how they pay us back.
Discuss...

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Take the train instead.

What's outrageous to me is that people will pay to be treated this way, on the promise of convenience.

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
International, I never really have had the issues I have traveling domestically. But then again, LAX is a large international hub. Many of the large carriers would dump their domestic routes if they could, and some are.

As for domestic, as of late, it is declining, and even having uber privileges (mileage club) and paying the extra for a ticket isn't helping, except for Southwest. I am not shrilling for them, but they have not left me stranded... maybe a few more hours, but they have always gotten me to where I need to go.

The thing about the airlines... they are greyhound buses with wings... embrace that, and half of your frustration goes away... the other half is dealing with your fellow passengers.

Oh! you forgot Pol Pot...

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Absolutely. I have long claimed, and it's well supported by history, that the British empire was hands down the most evil entity the world has ever known.

Dunno about that Ed. The Romans with their Crusades were right up there with the UK empire as far as world conquering, and others before and after. Vikings, Ottomans, Mongols, and our own Americans with Manifest Destiny and the wholesale killing and destruction of the native peoples here..... The thing that made the Brits and us more deadly than the others was that we had ships that could travel to far-off lands, and back, whereas previous conquerors were mostly hobbled by mainly traveling over land.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Until there was man (human) there was no evil.
Satan could not entice the beasts to become evil, so he hid himself as a snake,( Some say the snake was actually Lilith in disguise) and tempted Adam and Eve.... And there you have your first case of human evil. Notice that Adam and Lilith did not sin, because she refused to lay underneath him, but at the same time she was banished from Eden for refusing Adam.... It was Eve, the second wife, the one born from his own flesh that he sinned with.

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
The Catholic church made them look like amateurs.

AGREED! As I mentioned here, or in another thread, "The Crusades". Followed by centuries of physical and sexual abuse of orphaned and stolen children, and wholesale slaughtering of Native American children, in the US and Canada. Probably in other countries also, prior to that.

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
AGREED! As I mentioned here, or in another thread, "The Crusades". Followed by centuries of physical and sexual abuse of orphaned and stolen children, and wholesale slaughtering of Native American children, in the US and Canada. Probably in other countries also, prior to that.
Second that and let's not forget the Inquisition you remember the one where they said if you don't like our god well we'll have to kill you slowly. Add to that the incalculable damage that perverted priests have inflicted upon generations.

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
i'd have to go with Mao / Stalin / Pol Pot / Idi Amin as they did it to their own people...

but going back to op and his rant about airlines.. I give you Walgreen's..
I need to replace my sunscreen and happened to notice the price at various places including Walgreen's when I was researching where expiration dates were.. So i stop off at Walgreen's and their price was $6 more than their "web" price.. I asked the girl about this and she says the company wants you to order online for pickup (i'm guessing so they can sell your data on your product selection) so I said you're basically screwing over customers who just walk in.. needless to say I made them match their price..

Car dealer service center.. took car in for oil change, free vehicle inspection , and state inspection. the service agent kept pushing for oil treatment additive for around $70 or so.. the oil change was $70 to begin with since it's synthetic and a hybrid..
so i begin to ask the agent, I'm putting in fresh synthetic oil, why would I need an additive? blah blah this . blah blah that.. I looked at him and said "yeah right." so for the free vehicle inspection in which they always say I need a new interior air filter they came up with, replace wiper blades,.. which I had replaced about 2 months earlier.. yeah, right...

munt

Super Anarchist
The belt
Idi Amin randomely feeding people to the crocs was a bit harsh but I'm sticking to my guns here. The airlines! They had the audacity to send me a survey on my recent experience just this morning. Too bad no one with any real influence will ever read it. Maybe if some of the string-pullers had to face Idi and his infamous crocodile moat they'd start acting like responsible humans instead of war criminals. Don't be surprised if I get defenestrated Putin style when they see my review!

Latest posts