Most Evil

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
i like the fact that they actually had customers who had returned cars, arrested for stealing such car...

With Simpson as a spokes person.... they must feel it's their civic duty

Oj Simpson Whatever GIF

munt

Super Anarchist
The belt
Due to recent experience I've had to revise my list of purest evil:
3. Satan
2. Airlines
And jumping to number 1.......BANKS!!!!
No, I'm not talking about your international banking conspiracy theories with your Rothschilds and Tripartate Commissions. It's the way they use every means imaginable to deny you any semblance of real service. Beelzebub would be proud of their automated call loops that never lead anywhere and when you do finally break through to an actual hominid they will rarely speak any recognizable language and will be less able to navigate their own decrepit website than.... Than.... Nope, I can't find a worthy analogy. Simply rotten.

Reactions: Mid

Rambler

Super Anarchist
East Coast OZ
Spoken like a true colonial. :ROFLMAO:
Well, let's see...
We've got the Ottoman Empire. Created in rivers of religiously inspired blood. Was still capturing and trading slaves right up to just before WW1. Evidently young white virgins and younger white boys got by far the best prices. Hmnn, wonder why? Sort of controlled the North African slave trade for most of the triangular slave trade period. Then of course there was the Amerian genocide. Yea, that was definitely worse.
Then there's the German Colonial Empire. Learnt the techniques of genocide and 'living space' in their African Colonies before WW1. I recommend you read "The Kaiser's Holocaust", an eye opening book. They were certainly worse.
Belgium Empire under Leopard. Renowned for it's brutality. Definitely worse.
Spanish? Murdered unrelenting to obtain gold. Depopulated South America of it's native population and imported slaves in large multiples of those that went to the US. Definitely worse.
Dutch? Definitely more brutal and grabbing than the British

Who broke the slave trade at a large cost to themselves in blood and treasure?
Which Colonial power left the best administration in the biggest percentage of countries post decolonization? [Yes, admittedly, not all worked. Sometimes the local culture was not amenable to good governance]

Yes, they had a few taints on their reputation.
The Opium Wars were one.
The Irish and Indian WW2 famines were another.
But on the whole, if you had to be subjected, it was better to be to the British.

A true Colonial? Do you mind. No, just some who actually reads history.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Apparently Ed has some Irish in his background which would explain his hardon for the Brits.

The Irish probably suffered the most of any "colonial" holdings of England.

1664292415483.png

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Well, let's see...
We've got the Ottoman Empire. Created in rivers of religiously inspired blood. Was still capturing and trading slaves right up to just before WW1. Evidently young white virgins and younger white boys got by far the best prices. Hmnn, wonder why? Sort of controlled the North African slave trade for most of the triangular slave trade period. Then of course there was the Amerian genocide. Yea, that was definitely worse.
Then there's the German Colonial Empire. Learnt the techniques of genocide and 'living space' in their African Colonies before WW1. I recommend you read "The Kaiser's Holocaust", an eye opening book. They were certainly worse.
Belgium Empire under Leopard. Renowned for it's brutality. Definitely worse.
Spanish? Murdered unrelenting to obtain gold. Depopulated South America of it's native population and imported slaves in large multiples of those that went to the US. Definitely worse.
Dutch? Definitely more brutal and grabbing than the British

Who broke the slave trade at a large cost to themselves in blood and treasure?
Which Colonial power left the best administration in the biggest percentage of countries post decolonization? [Yes, admittedly, not all worked. Sometimes the local culture was not amenable to good governance]

Yes, they had a few taints on their reputation.
The Opium Wars were one.
The Irish and Indian WW2 famines were another.
But on the whole, if you had to be subjected, it was better to be to the British.

A true Colonial? Do you mind. No, just some who actually reads history.
Sure, whatever. I stand by my statements and maybe you are the one that needs to read more history. Your weak response reeks of British bias as well as outright ludicrous claims. The Dutch grabbed more land than the British???? And here is the winner; "Sometimes the local culture was not amenable to good governance." By whose standards? Perhaps if the endlessly meddling Brits didn't meddle in the affairs of countries they had no right to interfere with, the outcome would have been different. Just like your passing dismissal of the Opium Wars. It's statements like that which show you obviously have a lack of historical objectivity and a very pro-British stance.
Because I am a kind and generous person, I'll help you out in your search for historical truths. China, India/Pakistan, the Middle East, Africa.

You are singling out isolated and often short term atrocities. For example you cited the Armenian genocide. A little over 1 million Armenians perished. By contrast, in the oppressive regime of the British in India approximately 35 million Indians died, which by the way you dismissed as a "taint". The Belgians were indeed brutal in Africa, but again the genocide didn't last for centuries.

You can continue to single out isolated incidents but in terms of death, destruction and long term damage that is felt to this day (China, India/Pakistan, the Middle East, and Africa) which in turn has a lasting effect on the entire world, no other country or empire has inflicted the damage on the world that the Brits have. Go read some history and then tell me why I am mistaken. By the time you have read enough real history, and your British bias has gone away, I'll be long dead. So please don't waste your time attempting to answer.
I have no more time for ignorant people like you.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Apparently Ed has some Irish in his background which would explain his hardon for the Brits.

The Irish probably suffered the most of any "colonial" holdings of England.

View attachment 543372

A.) I have no Irish blood in me to my knowledge although I am (was) a redhead.

B.) I think there are 35 million dead Indians that would disagree with your statement about the Irish.

It would appear that you and Rambler are woefully misinformed about the ravages of your overlords, which isn't surprising. I'm sure when you folks were in school you heard about how wonderful the British Empire was and how proud you should be to be a part of it.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
There's been a fair bit of reading since the world map was pink Ed.

And it wasn't the Brits behind the "Amerind" genocide - descent maybe but the empire had been kicked out well before.

I'm way too old to have any illusions left.

(Well, there was that one girl...)

munt

Super Anarchist
The belt
Hertz, knowing the airlines will shamelessly send you all over the planet. Hertz will then proceed to add on change and cancellation fees ruthlessly. The operator in Costa Rica gets you miles away from the airport in his free shuttle and then starts adding on the "mandatory" charges. Don't like it? You and your wife could always walk back to the airport with your luggage at night and find a better rental car than the one you already "fully" paid for. Hertz! It really seems as if post-pandemic business operators have reached new levels of parasitic/predatory behavior. The foreign-based call center model relieves everyone of any sort of accountability. How much worse will it get if the economy starts to falter or will they be more likely to perform in a more competitive environment?

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
i'm going with arms makers.
A scrimmage between three Philadelphia high school football teams turned into tragedy this afternoon.

Following the scrimmage, two gunmen allegedly fired 70 rounds as they ambushed a group of players. Police confirmed to NBC Philadelphia that five players were shot and one was killed.