Moth Worldchampionships 2010

glowmaster

Anarchist
Cape Cod MA
go AMAC! Show us old guys how to do it, Andrew.

25 mach 2s on the line. Out only one year.

My new KAs for this windsurfing season are on the way. AMACs other artform.

ed

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Man that was some serious carnage!!!

Two races sailed for the (pre-worlds) UAE Nationals in 20 knots and some of the shortest, gnarliest seas I've seen this side of Lake Erie. Lots of carnage, a handful of broken bits and pieces, and the World Champ pitching headfirst through his (now practice) mainsail. Good times, and video a comin'

foilr

Arnaud won both.

Chris had a 2,4

Rob had a 3,3

Bora had a 4, DNF

Last edited by a moderator:

MR.CLEAN

Not here
First race was Arnaud, Chris Graham, Bora, then I forget who. Truth is that there wasn't really much 'racing' - it was more about keeping upright in the nasty chop. At one top mark, video of which is coming, the 2nd through 6th boats all capsized on the reach leg. Then Dalton nearly t-boned Bora. Good times.

Pete M

Super Anarchist
So Cal
what is the wind / sea prediction for this weekend... more of the same?
actually - fri & sat is the weekend - so the weekend is half over - sunday is the first work day of the next week

that being said - sat sun mon look light - less than 10 kts - unless some sea breese kicks in with a little more power

Colin

Super Anarchist
From the Puma ocean racing website-

"We’ve got a great team on the ground in Duabi that includes Dr. Clean (for all you anarchy fans out there) and his crew of video and film pros."

Congrats on the new doctorate, I had no idea. Or is this one of those Hunter S Thompson self proclaimed Doctor of Journalism things?

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Nice! BTW apologies on the shoddy front page vid - the good one is loading now. 2h33 minutes of loading. Goddamned internet...

Stories and pics to come.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
And funnily enough, I am a Doctor, at least according to my law school diploma. Alan Block, Juris Doctor. Choke on that, bitch!

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Gotta say, this is one of the best regatta logos I've ever seen.

lores_moth_boat_graphic.jpg

bgulari

Super Anarchist
I want a checklist like dalton has on his boat, to insure he has done everything before he hits the water. I would put dont capsize and tape the bungs on mine. Clean sneak a picture it is pretty classic.

STSailing

Super Anarchist
I want a checklist like dalton has on his boat, to insure he has done everything before he hits the water. I would put dont capsize and tape the bungs on mine. Clean sneak a picture it is pretty classic.

Good luck Bora.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
what is the wind / sea prediction for this weekend... more of the same?
actually - fri & sat is the weekend - so the weekend is half over - sunday is the first work day of the next week

that being said - sat sun mon look light - less than 10 kts - unless some sea breese kicks in with a little more power
You should know Pete. This is your territory.

Great shots by Mer. Thanks