Motor Scooter Anarchy?

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
The use you describe makes an electric scooter perfect.

One of my old staff bought one about a decade ago - looked like a Vespa, ran on a motorcycle battery (had a spare onboard), operated under bicycle regs and cost $800 at the time.

Can't remember the range for sure but I think it was about 50 miles, then the second battery went in and he went home.

Perfect for short stuff like the Post Office, pizza pickup etc.

I like the idea of carrying a backup battery on board, can you recall the make?

Trovão

Super Anarchist
I had one of those for a couple of years

Suzuki Burgman 125cc

image.jpeg

Than I boughi this one

Citycom 300 cc

image.jpeg

Dorado

Super Anarchist
I'm in Italy right now. Drove from Lake Maggiore to Lake Como and back yesterday. 

Never saw so many scooters in my life. They're everywhere. Very cool. 

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
Retiring very soon, and would like a Vespa scooter, or something similar to go to the store of Post Office.  It appears there are dozens and dozens of different choices, and Vespa's are pricey, compared to many.  I would love to get a motorcycle again but haven't ridden in 40 years, and with so many distracted drivers texting and other stuff, I think it's possibly not a good idea.  :(  Good friend of ours who is 4 years younger than my 66, started riding a few years back, as her SO is an afficianado, owning restored Nortons, a newer Ducati and BMW.  So naturally she wanted to ride with him and his friends.  In the last 5 or so years, she has twice been hit by aging guys who probably should not be stilll driving.  Broke her Femur the first time, and shoulder the 2nd time.  I think that a 50cc Scooter and a bicycle helmet, should be a safer way to get back into 2 wheel motoring.  Opinions from the SA Peanut Gallery, please?   :D
gator wanna be..

Latest posts