Motorcycle Threads

My son and I did a little riding together.
Concours and FJ.jpg

I found another Concours for a buddy of mine. Less than a grand, less than 14K miles, hasn't run in 9 years.
Dean Kawasaki.jpg

I like my FJ better. Had some ethanol induced carb corrosion but I got that sorted out.

I like all kinds of bikes, but can only own one or two at a time. When I’m feeling sporty my other ride is a 2015 R1200RT.
At one point I owned 3 rideable streetbikes, one project, and one dirtbike. I'm down to two. The FJ that I bought February 1990, and the GN400 that I bought new just before I turned 16. Two is a good number. Not too much space, not too much maintenance, and at least one bike should always be up and running.
test ride time.jpg

bmiller

Super Anarchist
Buena Vista, Colorado
At one point I owned 3 rideable streetbikes, one project, and one dirtbike. I'm down to two. The FJ that I bought February 1990, and the GN400 that I bought new just before I turned 16. Two is a good number. Not too much space, not too much maintenance, and at least one bike should always be up and running.
View attachment 549515
So you've had that bike for around 40 years? Thats pretty cool.

Fully kitted out including rider mine weighs in less then half that. However when I dump it it's usually in some rocky narrow steep snotty place and picking it up is a real bitch.
I forwarded the video you posted on the guy who fell in the Devils Punchbowl to my cousin who loves to ride two track trails in Colorado. He replied that he is taking that trail off his bucket list! 🤣

So you've had that bike for around 40 years? Thats pretty cool.
Yes and thanks!
Old Suzuki pic GN & GS.jpeg

That's me when I was still on my learner's permit. In the back is my dad's midlife crisis, a 1981 GS650E. I bought it from him when I was 19, took all the Vetter stuff off, and had it for a while. When I graduated college I rode it from the East coast to California and back. Sold it to a buddy for $200 when I realized I had too many bikes.

bmiller

Super Anarchist
Buena Vista, Colorado
Yes and thanks!
View attachment 549537

That's me when I was still on my learner's permit. In the back is my dad's midlife crisis, a 1981 GS650E. I bought it from him when I was 19, took all the Vetter stuff off, and had it for a while. When I graduated college I rode it from the East coast to California and back. Sold it to a buddy for $200 when I realized I had too many bikes.
Simpler times back then. I remember walking into a Walgreens at 16 to buy a shotgun, all I needed was cash.

Speaking of weights, the GN400 is almost 300 lbs. The FJ1200 is nearly 600 lbs. The Concours is approaching 700 IIRC. My son's first bike is a '84 Magna V30 (500cc) that a neighbor gave him. It had been sitting for a few years. That weighs ~400 and what a great motor! I taught him to ride on the GN400 of course.
cold bikes nov 1 ride.jpg

0gr1a.jpg

I did a South Gippsland ride on the weekend. I was in Melbourne with a couple of mates, picking up one of the guys race car. Another mate drove in, picked me up... showed me the scenery on the way out to his place and then we rode through the national park, the valley and down both sides of Wilsons Promontory to the ocean... and back. Ran through a tank of dino juice on the bikes. He was on his R1100R and he loaned me a GS1200. I had some problems with the seating position. Legs too bent at the knees, as was the angle with my hips. He's an ex road racer, and he wasn't hanging around.

warbird

Super Anarchist
lake michigan
king an old XS 650 special to semi standard specs with some upgrades. Cut tabs so a scustom standard style seat will fit. Forks already rebuilt with valve mods and tapered rollers in the steering stem. Koni adjustibles in back. A fresh alloy rim I laced up 2 weeks ago, less than 0.0010" runout.
1670284213840.png
1670284521101.png

Latest posts