Motorsport videos that don't suck

mikewof

mikewof
Legendary ... A.J. Foyt works on his own car in the pit at 3:36. He then went on to be attacked by killer bees on his ranch, twice, and he's still alive to this day. They don't make 'em like A.J. anymore ...

Last edited by a moderator:

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
You call that a clutch explosion?

This is a clutch explosion.

don-garlits.jpg

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
12 hours ago, Great Red Shark said:

and to think, they were going to take those 6 daytona's  and dump them into the north sea because they didn't want to pay to ship them back to the US...   forget who paid out of their pocket to ship them back...    I wonder how much that daytona he's driving in the video is worth..

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
pikes peak hill climb

i've been up that road twice , once on my motorcycle with a passenger and in a car,  the road to the top hadn't been paved the whole way like this video..  this video is fucking insane,  can't imagine the race before they paved it..

Last edited by a moderator:

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
and to think, they were going to take those 6 daytona's  and dump them into the north sea because they didn't want to pay to ship them back to the US...   forget who paid out of their pocket to ship them back...    I wonder how much that daytona he's driving in the video is worth..
The last one that sold went for $6 Mil IIRC.

Back then obsolete race cars were essentially just scrap - Ford gave a GT40 roadster (one of two) plus all the spare windshields and a 4 cam Indy engine to Dean Jeffries because he painted some race cars for them.

Since it's now the only one it's essentially priceless but worth at least 7 and probably 8 figures.

Jeffries also built the Mantaray on a pre-war Maserati F1 chassis his FIL or someone gave him. He later said it was probably a mistake - with the rise in prices he should have restored it - hindsight and all that. I imagine the Mantaray is still worth a few bucks though.

image.png

Latest posts