Mozzy Jumper

KingMonkey

Super Anarchist
London
I think this is as apt a thread as any to show some respect to Mozzy Sails and his gang of deliberators. The British team may have been well short of pace this cup but Mozzy sails was the key technological development to come out of these islands. Starting off low-fi but ramping up technical developments during the competition like any good cup team his stuff has been a great, and near-daily watch.

Ex-yachtie

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ
@Mozzy Sails you need to setup a merch store  :D
I need a cup like that. 

8FB70CC7-4F1E-4616-A943-32646C97EC72.jpeg

LCS Carbon

Flags
Home
I need a cup like that. 

View attachment 430455
Do you reckon that says "Topper World Championship" 6th PRIZE "The Topper is an iconic boat which has proven its performance and resilience over 40 years, with nearly 50,000 Toppers worldwide." He's probably done alright if he managed that in a worlds :)   close to Bens achievements anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

Mozzy Sails

Super Anarchist
United Kingdom
When a friend messaged saying "hey, there's a thread on SA about you". I was pretty sure the punchline would a be a link to the thread below! So I'm pleasantly surprised to end up here. 

I do like pullovers, as, being northern, they are cheaper than central heating. 

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
I think this is as apt a thread as any to show some respect to Mozzy Sails and his gang of deliberators. The British team may have been well short of pace this cup but Mozzy sails was the key technological development to come out of these islands. Starting off low-fi but ramping up technical developments during the competition like any good cup team his stuff has been a great, and near-daily watch.
I don't think they were WELL short of pace, just a bit.

To my eyes,when they were in a pure drag race in the same patch of water, the boat speeds weren't that far apart.

I think the differentials were down to the trailing boat having fewer tactical options i.e. the rich getting richer.

Also, despite a superior pedigree, the combination of Ben and Giles generally made poorer tactical choices.

Chris UK

Anarchist
UK

To my eyes,when they were in a pure drag race in the same patch of water, the boat speeds weren't that far apart.

I think the differentials were down to the trailing boat having fewer tactical options i.e. the rich getting richer.

Also, despite a superior pedigree, the combination of Ben and Giles generally made poorer tactical choices.
This thread is for jumper discussion only please kindly. Let's have no drift.

LB 15.1

Sanxenxo

Speed wasn't the issue.

Height was and slow tacks.

Oh and starts.

go and analyze the upwind tracks. 

Ineos could never get the height that Prada got.

Yet down wind they could sail deeper and fast .   .   .  Go figure was it foils, trim, boat weight, sail shape, ..... ??

Or.... Drift :D

Last edited by a moderator: