My brother died 14 months ago and I'm in pain

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
I drove to Erie, PA today and had lunch with Ed Lada.  He is alive and pretty damn well.  Really a great guy and exactly what I expected.  I don't think anyone knows what the future holds, but Ed is clear that he would rather pass than live in pain/discomfort if things progress.  He still has some Mississippi leg hound in him so keep the chastity belt keys secure.  Great sense of humor with no fear of whatever life throws at him.

I've been home for a couple of hours and am still smiling...a very nice day.  It provided a lot of perspective.

130lights

Super Anarchist
Lake Michigan
Happy your visit helped. Here’s a couple quotes from a great book.

30D85226-11F5-45A7-8B77-CA1113E0AE2F.jpeg

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
I want to thank everyone who has reached out to me or posted in this thread.  It meant everything to me and has helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I dated a retired art teacher last Saturday, we've been doing naughty texts since.  Tonight on the phone, she said that when we hook up Saturday, that we should both get off asap and then do the whole love making foreplay stuff.  I might be dating a guy!

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
I drove to Erie, PA today and had lunch with Ed Lada.  He is alive and pretty damn well.  Really a great guy and exactly what I expected.  I don't think anyone knows what the future holds, but Ed is clear that he would rather pass than live in pain/discomfort if things progress.  He still has some Mississippi leg hound in him so keep the chastity belt keys secure.  Great sense of humor with no fear of whatever life throws at him.

I've been home for a couple of hours and am still smiling...a very nice day.  It provided a lot of perspective.
Well then, thanks for the kind words Cal.  I never say never and maybe I have one more adventure in me before I go.  Did I mention that I went back and got that tall waitresses' number? I mean, I'm here another week...  ;)

I had a great time and I really enjoyed our lunch meeting on the bay.  I knew you were a good guy and our meeting confirmed my suspicions.  If any of you Great Lakes sailors want to meet a great guy, Cal is well worth the time.  The man is deeper than Lake Superior, he has some interesting stories.

I'm a Yankee so I'm not sure what a Mississippi Leg Hound is, but I'm sure it's a compliment.  I do know what a chastity belt is, I've picked a lock or two in my day.

I am happy you made it back, safe and sound and thanks again.