My Favorite Boat Shed or Slipway

hugob

Gday,

One day they will all be gone. This is my favorite becuase I know I can find anything.

Rouseboat%20At%20Greenwich%20005.jpg

Eventually

Super Anarchist
Favourite is the one under the house at 7 Sherwood Ave Yowie Bay. Now 150 plus years old with 3 ft thick sandstone walls. The 4" thick cedar doors are gone now but the structure remains. Used to have all our boats and half the neighbourhoods. We would be rigging sometimes 10 dinghys on the hard by the ramp on a weekend race day. What a way to live!

Second favourite and still kicking on is Port Hacking Open Sailing Club about 400 yards along the waterfront south of the old place.

Not just good times...fucking great times!

See if I can find some pics....it was an era now long gone.

Great thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

hugob

Favourite is the one under the house at 7 Sherwood Ave Yowie Bay. Now 150 plus years old with 3 ft thick sandstone walls. The 4" thick cedar doors are gone now but the structure remains. Used to have all our boats and half the neighbourhoods. We would be rigging sometimes 10 dinghys on the hard by the ramp on a weekend race day. What a way to live!
Second favourite and still kicking on is Port Hacking Open Sailing Club about 400 yards along the waterfront south of the old place.

Not just good times...fucking great times!

See if I can find some pics....it was an era now long gone.

Great thread.
OOPS

think I remeber that boat shed. I grew up in Oatly west as a young boy and sailed my dads VJ around in Yowie bay.

Loved to see some images. Byra and Avalon have some character I hope they stay around forever.

Cheers

Latest posts