My first sailing REGATTA! Airlie Beach race week 2022

>Vernon

Zurich
I race my first ever sailing regatta, the Airlie Beach Race week. 190 boats in several divisions took part. I was part of a 7 person crew on a Northshore38. It was an action packed week with very challenging conditions ranging from 5 to 30 knots. It was pretty cool to enjoy someone else's boat and just sail with very little responsibility. It was also new for me to work as a team while sailing as I mostly sail my boat solo. I hope you'll enjoy this video as much as I did making it.

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
Nice. You might be interested to know, that some, at least one anyway, have determined that this particular regatta qualifies as ocean racing. So not only have you completed your first sailing regatta, but by some odd quirk, also your first ocean race. Congratulations. You ought to post this thread in Ocean Racing Anarchy.

Here is the link. https://forums.sailinganarchy.com/threads/hammo-race-week.238319/

(p)Irate

Super Anarchist
Nice. You might be interested to know, that some, at least one anyway, have determined that this particular regatta qualifies as ocean racing. So not only have you completed your first sailing regatta, but by some odd quirk, also your first ocean race. Congratulations. You ought to post this thread in Ocean Racing Anarchy.

Here is the link. https://forums.sailinganarchy.com/threads/hammo-race-week.238319/
Check your geography and events calendar numb nuts. Airlie and Hammo are two separate events in two separate locations.

>Vernon

Zurich

Interesting. An ocean race where we were never further than 3Nm from land.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
I race my first ever sailing regatta, the Airlie Beach Race week. 190 boats in several divisions took part. I was part of a 7 person crew on a Northshore38. It was an action packed week with very challenging conditions ranging from 5 to 30 knots. It was pretty cool to enjoy someone else's boat and just sail with very little responsibility. It was also new for me to work as a team while sailing as I mostly sail my boat solo. I hope you'll enjoy this video as much as I did making it.

Fantastic. It is great to see someone enthusiastically enjoy their first regatta.

Your skipper/tactician needs to be careful, your boat was close to breaking rule 15 and 1 minute 15 in the video. Its a common misconception that when establishing a leeward overlap from astern in the starting sequence. If the windward boat's transom had clipped your boat as they headed up to keep clear, the video would help them prove your team broke a rule.

Great video and your enthusiasm is palpable.

Latest posts