My friend Jeff is doing a solo, non stop circumnavigation -Day 51

Se7en

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Awesome accomplishment. Congratulations to the Jeffe and patches. Where are the photos now? I'm just trying to imagine what that sail looks like. I'd suggest there is a real opportunity to crowd source a replacement sail in return for swatches from patches.

Curious how much weight he ended up losing over this last month.

This just in from Jeff:

In the end it was not meant to be and I missed the tide by about 30-minutes. However that didn't stop Debbie from getting a panga and bringing me out not only one of the greatest hugs and kisses I have ever gotten but she had fried chicken ,fries, and rum, not to mention some very much needed gallons of fresh clean drinking water. This all put a nice ending to a colossal voyage and yet another night just short of the safety of a protected harbor.

Tomorrow late afternoon I will get across the bar and life can once again become a little less spontaneous and wild a change that I'm sure will fell just fine, at least for a "little while".
Well, there goes his "unassisted" claim.

Innocent Bystander

Super Anarchist
Lower Southern MD
This just in from Jeff:

In the end it was not meant to be and I missed the tide by about 30-minutes. However that didn't stop Debbie from getting a panga and bringing me out not only one of the greatest hugs and kisses I have ever gotten but she had fried chicken ,fries, and rum, not to mention some very much needed gallons of fresh clean drinking water. This all put a nice ending to a colossal voyage and yet another night just short of the safety of a protected harbor.

Tomorrow late afternoon I will get across the bar and life can once again become a little less spontaneous and wild a change that I'm sure will fell just fine, at least for a "little while".
You should do a bit of research before spouting off. Defined course starts and ends at a designated place outside of the harbor, not mooring to mooring. His trip was alone and unassisted.

Late to the party, but Congrats to El Jefe, you're a better man than I, Gunga Din.

Heck, I was going to post that weeks without fresh water, months without fresh food - or rum - and almost a year since seeing his wife, that it would be unreasonable to expect that internet posts was high on his priority list. Instead we get a happy ending!

Count on me for one of the copies of the book with a piece of patches!

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
He ran out of rum. He ran out of rum!!! Yet he sailed on, short on food, short on water, salty coffee, the endless sewing on patches and he finished the journey alone and unassisted and he is in his 7th decade of life. And he ran out of rum! That man is a real life hero in my book. WFD doesn't even begin to do him justice.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
As for haiku, there is always one drunk lerching around the parking lot with a turd in his pocket.

This just in from Jeff:

You should do a bit of research before spouting off. Defined course starts and ends at a designated place outside of the harbor, not mooring to mooring. His trip was alone and unassisted.
Humourless twonk.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
No, it is fact is a turd. There is one in every crowd. Little guys who keep feeling littler.