My friend Jeff is doing a solo, non stop circumnavigation -Day 51

valis

Super Anarchist
Friday Harbor, WA
Someone needs to keep track of the donations, so we don't dramatically over or under donate.

Austin mentioned $20.

I'm good for at least $50

That makes $70 so far. I'm guessing we need at least $700-$800.

Tom Scott

Super Anarchist
Silly Question: Do Jeff and Debbie have a house or home ashore? A half-hull model is a wonderful gift ...but if they have no house, it could be tough to find a spot for it. (...Just a thought that crossed my mind.) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Innocent Bystander

Super Anarchist
Lower Southern MD
Someone needs to keep track of the donations, so we don't dramatically over or under donate.

Austin mentioned $20.

I'm good for at least $50

That makes $70 so far. I'm guessing we need at least $700-$800.
Make it 120. Check's in the mail.

Bob. You need to make an "El Jefe" drawing with patches the boomless main pulling strongly.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
We will need $600 according the Scott Chambers. I can pick the model up in Ballard.

I have no idea if Jeff and Debby have a house. I ordered the model 1/2" to the foot scale in case Jeff wants to put it on the boat. My model is 3/4" to the foot and it's a bit imposing. Would not work at all on a bulkhead of a 40'er.

I'll go $100.

austin1972

Super Anarchist
Hmm, I'll up mine to $50. Keeps the math simple.

Random anonymous acts are fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
I was going to say $20

I mean that's 30 people. After reading what the rest of you guys are doing it's making me feel like a cheapskate schlub so if we haven't met the goal in a day or so I will up it to $50.

so there. ok fine, just make it $50. This is a tough crowd. If the total is way over perhaps we could get 2 and give the other to Bob.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Bob, just sharing my stream of consciousness and being not quite funny. Definitely in for $50. This way I get to feel in a small way as part of the experience, worth lots more than a few bucks.

Bob,

In one of the Jeff's log entry, he and Debbie were going to move Sailors Run to Mexico, I think, to work on the book, this summer.

Aside from the plaque, how about passing the hat for a couple of air tickets to Seattle for the Rendezvous and presentation?

PS. I now know the purpose of a chastity strut! The Admiral now wants one for the Nordic?

zedboy

Eastern Med
Bob I'm in for $50. I'll put a cheque in the mail but it may be about a month till it gets there :)

If the postal service here sent it by Baba 40 it might be faster.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Bob, there is no way for me to add any additional info on the check, so when you see an envelope from Broadway Bank in San Antonio TX, that will be the check. Of course it will have my name on it. It will be mailed on 27 May.

Innocent Bystander

Super Anarchist
Lower Southern MD
I'm not sure you guys can cash foreign cheques? If an online system goes up then us non-yanks can kick in for the Genoa or desal' unit suggested above.
We look like we are doing pretty well toward the half hull as it is. GoFundMe is fairly easy but sucks about 8% off the top. 5% fee per donation plus a roughly 3% "processing fee".