My friend Jeff is doing a solo, non stop circumnavigation -Day 51

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW
Enough checks and I can move to the South of France.
Make the checks out to me gentlemen, even as a retired CPA I am still bound by the ethics code of conduct.
We'll track him down in France, drink his wine stash and steal his vegemite.

Do you really want me to make the check out to you, Kim? I'll be doing checks tonight for personal and farm (darn farm tax bills are huge and there's 6 of them).

Then I'm off to MI for a week of fun on the water with some longtime friends.
If you make it out to me but mail it to Bob you have a check and balance as Bob will then keep me honest and make me spend it on Jeff.

Bob and I can balance each other.

RedRyder

Connecticut
See what happens when I'm off for a few days making my own boat stuff happen?

El Jefe is a legend.

$50 on the way.

Edit: Clicking that button felt good. Really good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Se7en:

Jeff already has one book so getting the new one out should not be difficult. I look forward to it. I'm sure it will be available through his web site

Haji

Super Anarchist
Woolwich, Maine
Yikes, I was out of the loop for a while. Check being sent tomorrow, hopefully not too late.

Bob, visited your site, and spent some time drooling over the Francis Lee. Yum.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Checks have been coming in for Jeff's award model. I think I have about a dozen checks so far. I have not opened them. I will in time and then hand them over to Kim. Many thanks to all who have contributed. If you want some of this action mail your check to my address on my web site. Kim will coordinate the process with Scott Chambers of Half Hull Classics.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Austin:

I'll add them up and post the amount.

$325.00 so far. That does not include me or Kim.

Thanks very much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Congrats everyone who chipped in.

We hit our $600 goal today!

That was very generous of all of you.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Sweet! One of us may have sent cash since it required finding a stamp and the checkbook (who writes checks anymore) so I hope it made it. I thought one out of two wasn't bad. I wanted to get it done so it didn't get lost in the geological pile of stuff to do.

Just saw the picture of one of your boats in another thread. If my ship ever comes back in that would be perfect.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
D':

The cash made it. There was something about it that touched me. People who don't know Jeff just sending cash for an award that they really don't have much connection to. Thanks d'.

Your contributions to the award fund entitles you to one night at my shack with dinner prepared by me. Two nights if my wife likes you.

I'm very proud to be a member of this group. Even if I am on probation most of the time.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Sailors Run checking in from Bahia Caraquez, Ecuador.

Debbie and I just want you all to know that not only are we alive and well in Bahia, but so is the spirit of the Ecuadorian people. We can already see the beginning of Bahia coming back with new construction occurring right behind the demolition of damaged buildings.

Puerto Amastead has reopened with a new owner, yet most of the old staff whom we like very well are still here. The good news is the cost of moorage has been reduced by almost 100-dollars and the restaurant is now open at 7am for breakfast and many of the dinner meal costs have been reduced by 2-dollars each and the cost of a 22-oz beer is just 2-dollars down from a recent increase of 2.50 per beer. Of course Bahia has a long way to go to get housing for everyone, yet we believe it will all happen over the next 5-years. We also want cruisers to be aware that we feel it is very safe here, and security for boats left here for returning to US or Canada, or inland travel is very good.

Soon Debbie and I will fly to New Mexico and Washington State where we plan to spend the next 3-months, visiting friends and family not to mention getting many things repaired from the boat and replacement of other damaged equipment.

We will be getting some photos out on our blog www.sailorsrun.com once we get back in the states

We wish you al a great summer with lots of adventure thrown in.

Your Amigos Jeff& Debbie

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Bob, thanks so much for the invite - if I ever get up that way will happily settle for a drink on the porch and a walk on the beach with you and Ruby. I can guarantee she will like me, the wife? I dunno, that might be a 50/50 shot. I am much better with dogs.