My friend Jeff is doing a solo, non stop circumnavigation -Day 51

austin1972

Super Anarchist
Bob's 'shack' is awesome. His office...I got to check it out. I didn't have much to say since it's a brain feast. I was just processing.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Thanks everyone who contributed. More checks came in over the weekend. We are now well over our $600 goal. What's left after Kim pays for the model, Scott is knocking $100 off his regular price, can go into an envelope for Jeff so he can start working on a replacement for patches.

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW
Thanks everyone who contributed. More checks came in over the weekend. We are now well over our $600 goal. What's left after Kim pays for the model, Scott is knocking $100 off his regular price, can go into an envelope for Jeff so he can start working on a replacement for patches.
Roger that Mr. Perry, that is the plan. Kim

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
if he replaces Patches, what will he do to stay busy?

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
66212599.jpg

sorry, couldn't resist.

Innocent Bystander

Super Anarchist
Lower Southern MD
Glad to hear it and happy our little dysfunctional community could band together to recognize a great accomplishment.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Yep, another check came in yesterday. There is no doubt that Jeff;s adventure struck a bell with many of us here.

austin1972

Super Anarchist
Patches was a drama kind of like a modern Old Man and the Sea but in near real time.

You didn't know how many pages were left to the saga while Jeff was going through the Southern Ocean.

Patches was the marlin.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Very good news today. Jeff and Debby will be at the Perry Rendezvous in August. August 18th to 21st, Port Ludlow Marina.

This will allow us to present the half model in person and get a chance to chat with EL Jefe.

If you have never been to the Rendezvous it's fun. We get between 40 and 50 boats and have a great party Saturday night.

I'll try and arrange with Jeff to give a talk on Saturday.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Bob if you can PM me a PayPal account to transfer would be glad to contribute as an international cheque too hard. The Rendezvous I'm sure will be more than a blast this time around. Enjoy & Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW
Bob if you can PM me a PayPal account to transfer would be glad to contribute as an international cheque too hard. The Rendezvous I'm sure will be more than a blast this time around. Enjoy & Cheers.
Jack, I PM'ed you my PayPal info. Kim

I am home now, so will visit Scott and see how the half model is coming along.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist

Kim..thanks, that $ transfer done using my Pacific Pesos....I just love olde bastards like the Jeffster doing stuff like this.

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW

Kim..thanks, that $ transfer done using my Pacific Pesos....I just love olde bastards like the Jeffster doing stuff like this.
Got it "Jack". Thank you for your contribution to the Jefe fund!! Bob and I appreciate it!

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada

And now an olde bitch (feminine of olde bastard, right :) ) is going to attempt the same (again). Not that Jeff would care, but if Jeanne makes it, she'd be the record holder for oldest around nonstop unassisted. Sheesh, it's like 70 is the new 30... Jeanne's site: http://svnereida.com Story here: http://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/lectronicday.lasso?date=2016-06-13#Story2
Reminds me, I've gotta pick up Jeff's book (on his previous Cape Horn rounding).

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Sledder:

Of course. I will rent you the inflatable, strap on canoe stern for the weekend. Nobody will notice.

I have always tried to let people know that anyone can come to the Rendezvous. It's just a weekend long party. We even get powerboats!