My new perryboat.com website is up!

Snarley

Super Anarchist
US
Hey it is the original print for Lionheart Concerto! Where is the dark blue drawing with a red and white waterline! This was never built, the client went a different direction. The hull and engineering were used. (I believe) My own opinion was that this was a better boat than the Hinckley Pilot. More room inside single engine, protected screw and rudder. Perfect for the Inland waterway and up the Mississippi. Do the great loop in this one. I think 25 knots and very, very good fuel economy. Just does not need much push at all to get going.

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]The picture on the left was the proposed boat. The one on the right is the boat that was built. This drawing came out at the end of a long string of famous sailboat designers showing what kind of powerboat they could draw. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px]The drawing shows a small cockpit on the bow I think for two. Tom Fexas drew and sold a number of Black Lace powerboats after the first oil crises of 73' and again in 79'. They had similar features but not the level of artwork and he didn't have the software that Bob had to make a very slick hull. Notice the Perry signatures, double ended stern, expanded pilot house windows that give hints of previous BP sailboats and other touches.[/SIZE]

.http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2011/Lyman-Morse-Custom-2611864/Belfast/ME/United-States#.VAevHsKwJ2Y

Video

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2011/Lyman-Morse-Custom-2611864/Belfast/ME/United-States#.VAewcsKwJ2Z

stacks_image_1268.png

4375392_20130529115852571_10_XLARGE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
My client called me one Sunday morning. He said, "Do you know what a Bugatti Atlantique is?" I said, "Of course." I lied. He said I want those windows. I call them "dog bone windows".

That "spoiler shape over the back end of the house was designed to break up the eddy around the aft end of the house and keep it from mucking up the air in the cockpit. It's all very scientific.

When Ivan rendered it he forgot to change the color of the "Targa" strip to the same color as the house. I looked at it and decided "If you can't hide it then high lite it!" And we painted it metallic grey.

I really enjoyed working with this client. His son had died. My son had died. We had bonded over that. I just learned to be ready for the wildest suggestions.

When we tank tested the 42'er it was like two ten year olds, in the warm rain, playing in a puddle with stick boats.

You should see his house!

Davie J.

Bob, I looked at your site and didn't see a way to ask you a question, so here goes the old way: I just returned yesterday from Alaska, having spent five days looking over a 1978 Valiant 40. I crawled over every square inch of it and then had a survey done. The downside is the boat has no refrigeration, few and very old instruments, wet and abused interior, blisters on the deck and cabin top, hatch covers not attached and just sitting on the hatch (need new), exterior teak in serious need of attention. The boom is the long one with sheets attached to the end. The upside is: a new Westerbeke 44B (371 hours), new North sails, new spectra halyards and sheets, new electric windlass. The hull was resurfaced in 2004 and looks pretty good. I suspect it will need rewiring, replumbing, LED lights, new radar, gps, batteries, vhf, etc. All that being said, I can buy this boat for $37,000. My main concern is that the boat is in Alaska and, when I take it south, I'm afraid the blisters will come out like the zits on a teenager's face. I think I can get it fitted with everything I want for long-distance sailing for about $90,000. I'm 69 years old (but in good shape) and don't really need a project boat, but I'm very tempted. Should I take the plunge or run like hell?

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Dave:

Please go back to my web site and read the section called ":consultation":.