N2E 2022. Too early to start the thread?

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
I'm thinking 90% of the fleet will be way beyond the islands before midnight... 
Yeah, but the bubble will grow all the way down to Ensenada.  The fast boats may have a record year.  The little boats, not so much!  I would guess that Pyewacket will be finished well before sunset, I’ll say 6:30!  

The year that Steve Fossett finished at 6:45pm on Friday was a great year.  On a sled, we never went fast, probably didn’t get up to 15 knots, we just never slowed down until we got near the finish line at midnight.  Finished before 1:00am, turned and burned, and had breakfast at SDYC on the deck at 8:00am Saturday with the boat right in front of us!  Quite civilized!  

Movable Ballast

Anarchist
San Diego
Yeah, but the bubble will grow all the way down to Ensenada.  The fast boats may have a record year.  The little boats, not so much!  I would guess that Pyewacket will be finished well before sunset, I’ll say 6:30!  

The year that Steve Fossett finished at 6:45pm on Friday was a great year.  On a sled, we never went fast, probably didn’t get up to 15 knots, we just never slowed down until we got near the finish line at midnight.  Finished before 1:00am, turned and burned, and had breakfast at SDYC on the deck at 8:00am Saturday with the boat right in front of us!  Quite civilized!  
I'm a 35ft 60 rater (slow I guess) It does look light in the wee hours. I've been burned going too far out in a smaller boat that doesn't have the speed to make up the distance difference.  

BWR

Anarchist
San Diego, CA
Steve Fossett?  We were back at the Police Docks in SD at 1000 in 2017 on the Merlot!

IMG_1497.jpeg

IMG_1502.jpeg

IMG_1501.jpeg

TheActualDave

L.A.
I'm a 35ft 60 rater (slow I guess) It does look light in the wee hours. I've been burned going too far out in a smaller boat that doesn't have the speed to make up the distance difference.  
Yeah I would think shorter distance will pay with plenty of breeze across the track (until it shuts down) then light gear to finish. 

Just heard from reliable sources that the Big Kitty isn't coming out to play.  
Rumored

Someone bought sum Rocket boat that was named SLUGGO

Changed the name and hired All the PRO'z leaving PW Corinthian

And Too Much Wind expected off Right Rear 1/4er

N2E cost Too Much when you get the Crew to The Finish Party Friday before HappyHour

and No Fun when yer the only ones there

Last edited by a moderator:

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
That seems slow.  I'm routing several boats near your rating and they are quite a bit faster for elapsed time.
Now showing 11-12 hours NAM vs GFS.  I always figure the end is slower then it says becasue once you get in the bay it gets wierd.  We also can't use the sail that wee need for the tight reaching. As our FRO is only ORR legal and penalty sail for PHRF so we use a bigger Code 0 that doesn't do the same angles.