NACRA article for Wikipedia

In googling NACRA I noticed that there is no generic article for NACRA catamarans thought the NACRA 17 and NACRA 15 both have individual articles.
I felt it would be excellent for there to be a Wikipedia article on the NACRA family of sailboats, so I have created a draft.
I have loosely based it on the Hobie Cat article which is up on Wikipedia currently.

I have not submitted this article yet, so it is available only in my sandbox. I believe that anyone can see it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ZeroXero/sandbox#Current_and_notable_past_models

I had some basic background on the history of NACRA from living in Santa Cruz in the late 1980s to mid 1990s where there were a lot of active NACRA sailors and a local dealer who knew the factory people quite well. Still I relied on web research for the content, some of which is contradictory and much of which is at this site and a couple others.

I am seeking feedback, corrections and additions to this article to improve it to a state of comprehensiveness and excellence before submitting it for review on publication.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ZeroXero/sandbox#Current_and_notable_past_models

You may comment either here or on the talk page on for the draft article. I'm not sure if anyone else can edit the draft, but I would appreciate you explaining your edits in the talk section prior to entering them.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I would especially appreciate links or emails for Tom Roland, Roy Seaman and anyone else who was closely associated with the company itself in the early era, which has been the hardest part to research, being almost 50 years ago at this point. (1971 ...)

lakepee

New Orleans
Good work. Random comments: the 18 square is a single hander,the 36 footer was always referred to as a Roland 36, and I seem to recall Catalina Yachts owning Prindle catamarans at some point, or did they end up owning both Prindle and Nacra?

Good work. Random comments: the 18 square is a single hander,the 36 footer was always referred to as a Roland 36, and I seem to recall Catalina Yachts owning Prindle catamarans at some point, or did they end up owning both Prindle and Nacra?
Thanks!

I'll update the chart to include these corrections.

OK, the corporate ownership is confusing but I think that Prindle went like this:

Surfglas - original company that built Prindle's. Probably Geoff Prindle's company.

Bangor Punta (a NYSE conglomorate 1964 to 1984) which also owned O'Day, Cal and Ranger brands. I suspect they bought Prindle (or actually licensed the rights to manufacture without owning the brand).

Bangor Punta was in-turn bought by Lear Seigler.

Lear Seigler (I believe) spun out the Prindle brand by selling it to NACRA - (or a new company?) which became Performance Catamarans.

This next quote is from "Sailboat Data.com" which is a useful web site: http://sailboatdata.com/view_builder.asp?builder_id=380 and the text seems similar to that in Wikipedia

Lear Siegler was formed as a merger between the Siegler Corporation and Lear Avionics Inc. It was originally based in Southern California. It's initial growth and expansion was based on the unprecedented boom in Aviation Technology and Aerospace research and development during the 1960's.During the late 1970's, Lear Siegler acquired Bangor Punta, another conglomerate of the period which owned Piper Aircraft, Smith and Wesson, and a number of sailboat builders/brands, (CAL, O'day, Ranger, etc.). This was an extremely difficult time for boating related companies in general, due, in part, to recessionary economy, and generally unfavorable market and political forces. Many companies, with the misfortune of being a Lear subsidiary, were subject to it's strident cost cutting, and didn't survive.

Lear Seigler was itself, acquired by URS Corp. in 2002.

Lear Siegler was formed as a merger between the Siegler Corporation and Lear Avionics Inc. It was originally based in Southern California. It's initial growth and expansion was based on the unprecedented boom in Aviation Technology and Aerospace research and development during the 1960's.

During the late 1970's, Lear Siegler acquired Bangor Punta, another conglomerate of the period which owned Piper Aircraft, Smith and Wesson, and a number of sailboat builders/brands, (CAL, O'day, Ranger, etc.). This was an extremely difficult time for boating related companies in general, due, in part, to recessionary economy, and generally unfavorable market and political forces. Many companies, with the misfortune of being a Lear subsidiary, were subject to it's strident cost cutting, and didn't survive.

Lear Seigler was itself, acquired by URS Corp. in 2002.

Max Rockatansky

holy fuckfarts!
No mention of the 6.0NA - larger sailplan than the 6.0 (I think). Believe Lake Pee owned a 6.0NA at one time, yes? Could you describe the NA?