nature

Gissie

Super Anarchist
oh, this obtuse motherfucker is 'still waiting for a sensible way forward'..

you want to educate yourself on the situation and all the proposals out there, then do it. it's a work in progress (assuming there's the political will), your claims that none of it can be effective enough is fkn' bs. stfu, already.

btw, all this will make the moon shots seem like child's play, and the scale isn't even comparable.
So nothing. Par for the course 3into, just general crap. Without China and India etc we are fucked. The west can go carbon 'neutral' new week if they want and the world will not hit the targets science tells us is the only way to stop the end of the world.

Have a nice day, I will leave you in your little world of angst.

3to1

Super Anarchist
So nothing. Par for the course 3into, just general crap. Without China and India etc we are fucked. The west can go carbon 'neutral' new week if they want and the world will not hit the targets science tells us is the only way to stop the end of the world.

Have a nice day, I will leave you in your little world of angst.
china and india need to get on board, this shit is top priority and isn't negotiable. fuck what any country thinks helps or harms their economies, this is bigger than that.

unless our species boils down to more than a virus, we'll do well to remember that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gissie

Super Anarchist
china and india need to get on board, this shit is top priority and isn't negotiable. fuck what any country thinks helps or harms their economies, this is bigger than that.

unless our species boils down to more than a virus, we'll do well to remember that.
Oh that's okay then. 3into1 says China and India need to get on board, so all is good. The best idea to solve this problem yet.

I have a nasty suspicion they will tell you to fuck off. So maybe we could tell them we are really miffed with them next, perhaps that will work. :lol:

3to1

Super Anarchist
Oh that's okay then. 3into1 says China and India need to get on board, so all is good. The best idea to solve this problem yet.

I have a nasty suspicion they will tell you to fuck off. So maybe we could tell them we are really miffed with them next, perhaps that will work. :lol:
oh, I realize that they're obstinate monkeys (similar to you), I just said it to take a shit on that snot-nosed obstinance.

planet>cuntry

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
oh, I realize that they're obstinate monkeys (similar to you), I just said it to take a shit on that snot-nosed obstinance.

planet>cuntry
Oh, so they are monkeys then? Nice. You've got all the nice things by exploitation of resources but you want to deny those that aspire to those same nice things. You've raped your own country and raped many others as well for your own benefit. You want them to remain third world shit holes because you "know better" now? You want them to stop knocking down their forests and mining? Pay them then. 

Piss off with your lecturing. You're a selfish asshole. 

3to1

Super Anarchist
Oh, so they are monkeys then? Nice. You've got all the nice things by exploitation of resources but you want to deny those that aspire to those same nice things. You've raped your own country and raped many others as well for your own benefit. You want them to remain third world shit holes because you "know better" now? You want them to stop knocking down their forests and mining? Pay them then. 

Piss off with your lecturing. You're a selfish asshole. 
you pulled that out of your smelly shitter, I'm not directly advocating trying to deny anyone of anything, but materialism is basically a fkn' fool's errand. take what you need.

I fkn' repeat- it's very simple, the topic here isn't really about humanitarian or economic nuances. indeed, the whole point is, for once, it ain't all about us fkn' high maintenance hairless monkeys, but about miraculous life supporting natural systems that have taken 4.5 billion years to form and have gotten fucked into the initial stages of collapse in about 200 entirely by us (and the more the overall process advances, the more it accelerates). that's the biggest problem this world can ever face, it should be treated as such for a long list of pragmatic reasons.

if you don't think it's a triage situation at this point, you're ignorant. aren't you right-wing?

Gissie

Super Anarchist
you pulled that out of your smelly shitter, I'm not directly advocating trying to deny anyone of anything, but materialism is basically a fkn' fool's errand. take what you need.

I fkn' repeat- it's very simple, the topic here isn't really about humanitarian or economic nuances. indeed, the whole point is, for once, it ain't all about us fkn' high maintenance hairless monkeys, but about miraculous life supporting natural systems that have taken 4.5 billion years to form and have gotten fucked into the initial stages of collapse in about 200 entirely by us (and the more the overall process advances, the more it accelerates). that's the biggest problem this world can ever face, it should be treated as such for a long list of pragmatic reasons.

if you don't think it's a triage situation at this point, you're ignorant. aren't you right-wing?
We get it, you are all upset about what is/has happened. But that is as far as you go, wailing and gnashing of teeth. All shirt and no trousers.

Just one sensible idea would be good, but no, your latest is calling Chinese and Indians monkeys. Nice look that. There is no answer that will give the result the settled science is telling us is required.
So either we sit in a little huddle pounding sand and crying like little babies or we do our best to deal with the shit coming.

Plus you go on about how the world and the biosphere I'd fucked, once more you are wrong (no big surprise there). It is changing, much like it has since earth was created, it is just doing it quicker than expected. We will not stop it, so it is a case of adapt or die. The earth and its biosphere doesn't give a toss either way. Until the sun burns it up they will be here, humans or not. Little cry babies like you or not.

3to1

Super Anarchist
We get it, you are all upset about what is/has happened. But that is as far as you go, wailing and gnashing of teeth. All shirt and no trousers.

Just one sensible idea would be good, but no, your latest is calling Chinese and Indians monkeys. Nice look that. There is no answer that will give the result the settled science is telling us is required.
So either we sit in a little huddle pounding sand and crying like little babies or we do our best to deal with the shit coming.

Plus you go on about how the world and the biosphere I'd fucked, once more you are wrong (no big surprise there). It is changing, much like it has since earth was created, it is just doing it quicker than expected. We will not stop it, so it is a case of adapt or die. The earth and its biosphere doesn't give a toss either way. Until the sun burns it up they will be here, humans or not. Little cry babies like you or not.
mitigation (and though extremely improbable, reversal) is the best way 'to deal with the shit that is coming', you fkn' tortured clodhopper.

and btw, I don't disagree that there's a lot shit on the horizon, and that's one-hundred percent on us, nor am I calling chinese/indians fkn' monkeys, there was nothing behind it.

you're a disingenuous c-nt.

Gissie

Super Anarchist
you think anyone actually gives a rat dropping what you 'think' about almost anything, derp.
Not really, but then again I am a realist. Unlike you, you blister and rant but never anything that might work. You regurgitate the sayings of the day with no thought process involved. Shut down any contrary ideas as racist or fascist or whatever other label is being bandied about at the time.

I would be happy to listen to your ideas, but you just on have one. Nothing. You would lose a debate with a two year old. Followed up by a smacking from the mother after you resorted to abuse as per normal. Same shit different day from 3into1.

3to1

Super Anarchist
Plus you go on about how the world and the biosphere I'd fucked, once more you are wrong (no big surprise there). It is changing, much like it has since earth was created, it is just doing it quicker than expected. We will not stop it, so it is a case of adapt or die. The earth and its biosphere doesn't give a toss either way. 
guess I'd be happy to try to brainstorm a little with you about this extremely complex subject, but this isn't being responsible, most would call it a lie. I would, too. 

I don't understand what so many apparently willful ignorants have to lose by simply acknowledging the cold reality in regard to this. what do you call that shit, is it some state of denial (and as importantly, why)? will it burst your bubble, or something?

I gotta' say I suspect you're either playing games with yourself, or you're just simple. but I don't think you're that stupid. morally stupid, maybe? if that's the case, we don't have fuck all to say to each other.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
The only solution is;

Have fewer children.
How quickly we forget what a few days lockdown did to improve air quality.

3 days and one could see the stars again in the cities.

Covid has taught us a few good things.

USE LESS.

It's pointless expecting industry to stop supplying  the insatiable demands of a consumer society.

It's really not hard:

To stop buying shit one really does not need.

Use public transport when available.

Source your "needs" from recycled or second hand.

Put on a Jumper inside when it's a shocking 16 degrees C

Wear a coat on the train instead of overheating.

Turn all but safety lights off in buildings at night.

Zoom meetings instead of catching a plane.

etc

all the above are absolutely painless.

I'm far from a ECO warrior, but I hate waste.