NBC Sports Gold: How Well Does It Work?

scassani

What has been your experience with NBC Sports Gold?  As best I've been able to determine this service is the sole means for watching AC36 in the United States.  A subscription  costs in the neighborhood of $180.  That gives access to all the practice sessions, the ACWS and the Cup competition.  Of these, only the first - practice -  is available free of commercials.   World Series and Cup events will allow the minimum exposure time agreed to by NBC and contracting sponsors.  I'm having a hard time convincing myself I should pay for the service and give my time away to advertising.  Clearly, this is not the Pay Per View business model.

Telecasts of AC35 and Sailing GP events had the network interrupt an event regardless of the what was happening on the water.  Close crosses, telling tactical moves and like events that contribute uniquely to the outcome were relegated to replays - another interruption - or missed entirely.   Banal commentary, often on subjects only weakly related to sailboat racing and rarely having anything to do with the race while we watch it, burdened discontinuity with disappointment.   I'm looking to folks who have used NBC Sports Gold to warn me if I should expect the broadcast to be little better than what NBC offers on a non-subscription basis.  Is NBC Sports Gold a reiteration of what I see through a cable service?  How often and in how many ways am I expected to pay for a privilege?

The sole alternative may be waiting for videos of the racing to be posted on YouTube.  I'd be in a position to say how much am I willing to pay to watch the events live if I could be assured of the quality of the telecast.

this is set up to be a Non Event - event for those in attendance (locals only) w No "LOADED HOG"

to make it profitable they will need to rape the viewers on attending

I will say FUCK the Whole thing, if payment is required to watch Ai chop off action per set schedule

Pirate Streaming is the Only hope

if that's not available then FUCK IT

PS take it to AC-A

Telecasts of AC35 and Sailing GP events had the network interrupt an event regardless of the what was happening on the water.  Close crosses, telling tactical moves and like events that contribute uniquely to the outcome were relegated to replays - another interruption - or missed entirely.   
Well, that's cause Gary Jobson wasn't there to ride herd on the network yahoos, why back in MY day, we got the close crosses and even had that New Zealand guy stop by for a chat. Ah, those were the days.