Need a new torch...

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
I need a new torch. Sailing offshore plus inshore. What is the go to in the 2020's?
Gee, many hand torches on a boat 

super bright spotlight, sail trimmers narrow beam flashlight , crew flashlights , headlamps 

if you need a general purpose crew pocket flashlight choose a flat profile light that won’t roll off the deck and into the sea when placed on deck 

these little Garrity pocket lights are industry standard crew and safety lights for your abandon ship grab bag 

cheap , disposable and durable 

they normally are sold in six packs 

https://garrityproducts.com/products/garrity-65-015-garrity-led-lifelite

4E4FA8EC-B481-40E7-8A54-BE6D3D6363FA.png

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
Does that apply on steel boats only? I don’t think I have any place on my boat that a magnet will stick besides my steel floors. 
I once set up a boat for a single hander …he only had one arm 

the chart table top had a steel sheet under the teak veneer …the nav tools had magnets embedded 

The Magnet embedded parallel     rules could be used with one hand  and everything stayed put  while sailing 

DELETED

Anarchist
Does that apply on steel boats only? I don’t think I have any place on my boat that a magnet will stick besides my steel floors. 
Yes I would say that magnets are generally more sticky around ferrous metal objects like steel boats and engine/motor parts ect  :lol:  

The rubberised, low centre of gravity due to the battery makes it stay where i put it mostly on non ferrous objects if two hands are needed and no headlamp on.

Great feature, will it stick to the compass as well?

And BTW, the OP said:
BTW, They're not large surface area or high powered electro magnets, so i haven't noticed too much deviation being caused by having the work lamp onboard even small vessels. Lumen wise, theyre ok and the Ledlenser link i posted does have alot of handheld high lum options.