New boat for solo/double for inshore, Vic-Maui, Transpac and cruising

*Blink*

NZ
I was just rewatching the 2020 Round North Island (NZ) race. 38 DH boats. Blink finished 6th overall and 3 of the boats in front of them were similar size and complexity. I don't see any reason why Blink couldn't continue to be a good DH offshore boat. Boat looked darn good too.
Oh Dear. I am so very late to the party. I'm Tony. My wife Vesna and I own Blink. To really see what Blink can do, look at leg 4 of the 2020 RNI (the first one that had some breeze behind the beam (and that we didn't screw up royally with some bad decisions), especially the East Cape to Mercurys bit. We ended up beating a TP52 over the line... So yes, quite fast, it's a good idea to stay close to the autopilot when the boatspeed gets over 20 knots unless you're better at tuning autopilots than me.

Here's a couple of pics from after the 2017 RNI. That's my wife Vesna who sailed the last half of the race(ish) with a broken collarbone (although she didn't know it at the time). Note the lovely irony of the 'Two Man ...' Yep that's Blink's name on there twice.
TW+VW.jpg

And in the interest of answering the headroom question, here's a clip of a post-race celebration. There's lots of headroom, even for me at a little over over 6'

And you'll all have seen these already - but watching them makes me happy, and I'm delighted to share...
https://youtu.be/YrBWqZxmR6k
https://youtu.be/m6MNBh_JTBk
https://youtu.be/vtXEKCyXcX4

We haven't updated the Blog for ages (offshore sailing in Wellington has atrophied in the last few years, hence time to put Blink on the market) but there's plenty of photos of Blink in 'cruising mode' there - berths for 6 with plush squabs and 2 pipecots, hot shower, oven, fridge, freezer, etc...

*Blink*

NZ
Here's a possibility re delivery ... for many years our team have discussed (often over beers) how well Blink might do in the Transpac... If a US buyer was keen, we could deliver the boat (half, or all of the way), and provide a few crew who know the boat well for the race and have the new owner and a couple of key crew join us.
Yeah, I know, buy an ad ... sorry... will shut up now.

Roleur

Super Anarchist
Orcas Island
I still think campaigning Blink in NZ is the best option. Who wants to race in the US in the winter when you could race in NZ during the summer instead? The cost of shipping/delivery would pay for a whole bunch of flights to NZ for racing (or cruising). Awesome boat.

bushsailor

Anarchist
QLD Australia
I am sure Blink would be a fantastic boat to do the transpac in, only issue I see is it would be in the last start with the Maxis etc so not really racing any other 40' boats

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
I am sure Blink would be a fantastic boat to do the transpac in, only issue I see is it would be in the last start with the Maxis etc so not really racing any other 40' boats
Curious. So what does this boat rate under ORR or even ORC that would have it starting on the last day?

Ultimately you are racing the rating. Not just the other boats.