New imoca boats

Potter

Super Anarchist
Honestly couldn't find a pic anywhere, none of my yachting mates had either. Couldnt find any an hr ago either. Im Getting the impression this anarchy place is just an excuse  to give random people shit for kicks. Instead of actually talking about yachting or being a g.c. its a ego stroking beat up...and over a foil again seems a bit silly...

As you where kids.....
GOOGLE 'Hugo Boss Vendee Globe Finish' . click on Images, look about 4 rows down. There is a picture of Alex holding his son as they motor up the canal in LSD. Can you see the foil on the Starboard side?

That took me about 30 seconds...

Dude its already done.  Some good geezer posted the pics just a bit further up this thread so no need for us to try find them. I also said I was skeptical but now I've seen the pics I'm not.  Want to thread drift anymore yea nah?

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
GOOGLE 'Hugo Boss Vendee Globe Finish' . click on Images, look about 4 rows down. There is a picture of Alex holding his son as they motor up the canal in LSD. Can you see the foil on the Starboard side?

That took me about 30 seconds...
The doubters would no doubt be related to the same people that don't believe Apollo 11 landed on the moon? Also I think most people believe Hugo Boss was quickest of the new Imoca boats? I don't see any reason to pretend he had a broken foil? Armel arguably the better sailor in terms of endurance I would have thought?

mad

Super Anarchist
Dude its already done.  Some good geezer posted the pics just a bit further up this thread so no need for us to try find them. I also said I was skeptical but now I've seen the pics I'm not.  Want to thread drift anymore yea nah?
maxresdefault.jpg

Helps to have a look around sometimes.

Hehe oh your soooooo funny...said no one ever.  If you read what I said Mr funny pants I said I did have a look at the time but couldn't find anything on the broken foil. I don't spend as much time in a dark room trolling the internet as you do, I was playing ball with the kids, as ive said before.  You're much better this keyboard warrior tuff guy hero stuff than me :) You must make your boyfriend so proud

mad

Super Anarchist
Hehe oh your soooooo funny...said no one ever.  If you read what I said Mr funny pants I said I did have a look at the time but couldn't find anything on the broken foil. I don't spend as much time in a dark room trolling the internet as you do, I was playing ball with the kids, as ive said before.  You're much better this keyboard warrior tuff guy hero stuff than me :) You must make your boyfriend so proud
Ooooh, a gay jibe. That’s original. 

SSolo

England
That's a different plan view for sure..
Integrated bow sprit? But what are those lines that look like waterlines from a lines plan?
34558552_2479384848742219_1652476817321230336_n.jpg
If you look at the way Peter Hobson approaches design (Aura, 505, Contender, Class40), i bet the new HB  will be something special: IMHO he probably is one of the most innovative designers out there. (and i bet they checked the line drawings in that publicity photo very carefully so nothing is given away)

staysail

Super Anarchist
Not so many brand new Imocas in the Drheam Cup starting Monday, but quite a few much modified, updated and significantly faster ones well worth watching. Every Imoca in this race seems to be French.

Huge, varied, and interesting entry list. Even includes 2 classics.

https://drheam-cup.com/participants/liste-par-classe-de-bateaux/

SaltyPuppy

Germany
Not brand new, but still exciting to see in real life... (Malizia, Boris Herrmann with 4 crew, finished the Atlantic Anniversary Race last week with line honours, Varuna came 2nd)

IMG_5835.jpg

IMG_5834.jpg

Chucky

Anarchist
Melbourne
Not brand new, but still exciting to see in real life... (Malizia, Boris Herrmann with 4 crew, finished the Atlantic Anniversary Race last week with line honours, Varuna came 2nd)

View attachment 277937

View attachment 277938
Who designed this boat? I like the massive open cockpit and the adjustable seats! not a lot of places to sit in the cockpit except of the two seats. It would be great to get some more close up cockpits pics to show details of the halyard clutches arrangement.