new mini, who says it needs to be beautifull

HFC Hunter

Super Anarchist
Why does the rule have a max weight? Is it to contain just putting more in the keel for righting moment? Would it be ok if the keels had max weights, but allow the hull or rig to carry more weight (assuming safety tests still maintained)? 

A lot of mini racing isn't in conditions that otherwise naturally favour a heavy boat so I'd love to see more foil experiments if the skippers want to risk it.

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
These boats look like a bar of Dove soap in various stages of meltdown.
Heh! Kinda have to agree with you Raspa,

At least the Class 40's still look pretty sweet in comparison

Pogo Class 40 S3.JPG

POgo Class 40 S3b.JPG

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
Class 40 look like the little single use soaps in the motels... Actually I like the look of the 40's. Amazing what doubling the length does for the look of a boat!

Not sure about that origami dodger/companionway though. Needs some water to round off those sharp edges just like on a soap bar.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
^^^^ I think that is Shaggys own boat and not Pogo's Class 40 version albeit they too are a bit shy in the topsides shelter department compared to others.

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
Hey JS,

Not mine mate, this is the S3. The 12.50 is the S2 mould. If you have a look at the freeboard on the rear quarters, you're flat out getting your head in there, way too aggressive for a cruiser variant. 

Foredeck is also reverse camber to the sheer line, and the bow from front on looks like a scow bow compared to mine.