New Well, Smelly Water

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
get her a shower filter, wife swears by hers and she is highly picky about her shower water..

https://www.multipure.com/products/bath-and-garden/aquashower/

and ph of 7.2... just what you need to brew beer..

Good idea, if you have municipal water serving your home or business. That unit is to filter out the chlorine which is added to municipal water to remove the bacteria, viruses, parasites, or other tiny-yet-harmful organisms that can live in the water. This should not be needed for well water, but I'm sure it can't hurt it.

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
Good idea, if you have municipal water serving your home or business. That unit is to filter out the chlorine which is added to municipal water to remove the bacteria, viruses, parasites, or other tiny-yet-harmful organisms that can live in the water. This should not be needed for well water, but I'm sure it can't hurt it.
it will filter out the shit that's making the smell...

billy backstay

it will filter out the shit that's making the smell...

If you say so, I guess? Specs say it filters out chlorine and sediment. If the Hydrogen Sulfide creating the smell is in the sediment, it might work.

"Hydrogen sulfide is a chemical compound with the formula H ₂S. It is a colorless chalcogen-hydride gas, and is poisonous, corrosive, and flammable, with trace amounts in ambient atmosphere having a characteristic foul odor of rotten eggs. The underground mine gas term for foul-smelling hydrogen sulfide-rich gas mixtures is stinkdamp.Wikipedia"

cmonkey

NW Virgina
I finally did the bleach treatment this weekend after watching several you tube videos on the subject. Basically, after figuring out how much water was in my system, I dumped almost 2 gallons of bleach down the well head and ran a garden hose down the well for a few hours to mix it all up. then I ran all the faucets in the house, hot and cold, until I smelled bleach. let is sit overnight and into the next morning then ran a garden hose in the street and drained/ flushed the water heater on the yard until the chlorine smell was gone. So far the water quality, smell and taste, is much better. We'll see how long this last. I will likely still need a water softener but curing the bacteria issue has helped a lot.

billy backstay

If you don't already have a PH tester, they are cheap at a pool supply place, or online. I have the old fashioned kind where you add drops of red liquid and match the color, new ones are much easier. You want to maintain neutral PH, and that's what a neutralizer does, but it needs to be serviced once a year or so. As for H2S or iron, speak with a couple local water system companies about further treatment needs.

billy backstay

FWIW, I asked our water guy if we really had to spend 500 or so bucks evey 12 months to recharge the neutralizer tank and two radon removal tanks. There are only two of us, with both kids gone, so water usage is much less than with a nuclear family. He said to do it every 18 months instead and he will give us a discount. So will be calling him in March.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Have you had it tested since the smell is gone, but the color is still there?
Yellowish water doesn't sound good....
I had a friend who rented a house next to an old Bostich staple plant (Closed down for years before he rented), He had horrible skin rashes, and digestive problems, even though he never cooked with, or drank the water. Just used it to shower, and tooth brushing.... Turns out that Bostich had been dumping evil chemicals in the ground for decades, and contaminated his well. The settlement was in the millions. Sadly the money didn't save his life.

He stepped off a curb late one night (he was a musician) and got hit by a city bus.
I think his girlfriend made out pretty well on that suit. Last time I saw her she still looked like a dozen bucks. This part is satire, the rest is true.