New ZIM ILCA's

tillerman

Super Anarchist
Rhode Island
A big success in North America for the Zou Inter Marine variant of the ILCA might create more respect for Penny Ma and her company and tamp down some of this "Chinese crap - you're an idiot - no, you're an idiot" unproductive debate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill5

Right now
Western Canada
So that reconfirms you are an idiot.
image.jpeg

SimonN

Super Anarchist
Sydney ex London
Wess always resorts to abuse when he gets called out for an indefensible position. He was prejudiced against boats built in China well before any appeared. 

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
I am prejudiced against pretty much anything made in China. Heck, my favorite tea is from the island of Formosa.

Alan Crawford

Super Anarchist
Bozeman, Montana
Every Laser I've owned (built in Canada and USA with the last, 152112, a Vanguard built in RI) has leaked to some degree in some conditions. For my hulls, the leaks were not obvious and I could never ID and fix (Vanguard offered to take the hull back but the logistics of a return and the fact that my other hulls had also leaked a few ounces I never took the Vanguard offer). It seems the nature of the beast. It would be more surprising to me if the Chinese-built Lasers (ILCA) DIDN'T leak!

My Chinese assembled iPhone and MacBook Pro work quite well. I would rather they have been assembled in the US but that was not an option. I work with and know many Chinese and all pretty much want what we do. The problem there is with the government, not the citizens.

martin 'hoff

Super Anarchist
Miami
Dare you to buy one!
What's the story with your xenophobia? This is an international forum. I've lived and worked in many places, China one of them.

And this forum runs on computers and on the internet, most of the computer hardware is manufactured in China. 

Spend your day free of products from China, if you can! 

Wess

Super Anarchist
Don't feed the troll folks.
Don't be a party pooper.  Aside from no carbon bits and crappy lines, they apparently can't correctly mount a cleat, an outhaul block on any of the boats or a bailer such that it don't leak.  And that is just what the lemmings who like this Chinese shit have said.  Notice Ovi didn't have this problem.  Hmmm.

Yet still the moths do come.

Get your cheap Chinese crap ILCA here!  Get em while they are wet and help fill the coffers of an elitist class association!

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
What's the story with your xenophobia? This is an international forum. I've lived and worked in many places, China one of them.

And this forum runs on computers and on the internet, most of the computer hardware is manufactured in China. 

Spend your day free of products from China, if you can! 
The Chinese international business model is unlike anyvother. It is one huge job shop. Inless you put yoir people in there, you will get abdolute shit. Ask Apple about that.

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
Oh and for 20 years Ive called it CCC.  Cheap Chinese Crap.

Notice there are almost no Chinese brands... You have to start growing some semblance of a spine to be a brand.  On the other hand, American "brands" (like hardware for instance) sold their souls. You get ccc with a american brand on it. And the stuff fails. Even fucking galvanized wire. How can you fuck that up? Easy. Chinese job shop.

Ask around about Wintec....shells and boats.....cheap? Ueah. Guess what. Vespoli made in Connecticut is a better *value.*

martin 'hoff

Super Anarchist
Miami
The Chinese international business model is unlike anyvother. It is one huge job shop. Inless you put yoir people in there, you will get abdolute shit. Ask Apple about that.
Ummm. I have _literally_ worked in the factories you are talking about. And I don't share your, um, worldview.

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
Ummm. I have _literally_ worked in the factories you are talking about. And I don't share your, um, worldview.
Every colleague of mine who has traveled there even briefly comes homecwith lung damage. And dtories about supervision.

Thishas nothing to do with worldview. It is simply reality.

Btw Chinese domestic stuff seems to work better than the schlock we end up with. Hmmm, I wonder why???