News: Vets For Peace historic vessel departs Hawaii

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
Well, AJ is doing his best to ensure goodwill and promotion of their message.

Vets for Peace (or AJ?) marketing philosophy....passive/aggressive insults always win out in the end.

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
Well, AJ is doing his best to ensure goodwill and promotion of their message.

Vets for Peace (or AJ?) marketing philosophy....passive/aggressive insults always win out in the end.
Yeah, call me a bad dude for calling out those who wish ill on those who venture out on risky passages. 

Sir, you are a punk of the lowest order. 

I may not be the most articulate representative of VFP 

But you could read some Chalmers Johnson, Andy Bacevich, Danny Sjursen, Dan Ellsberg, and . . . 

But you won't, will you ?? 

Or, this is on my reading list for tomorrow . .   You might read it too. 

https://thebulletin.org/2021/03/an-existential-discussion-what-is-the-probability-of-nuclear-war/

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
I'm beginning to wonder if Hasher and AJ are the same person. They are certainly brothers under the covers.

Sane readers know that no one wishes the actual sailors any misfortune, but the adventure is quixotic, to put it as mildly as possible, and championed by an old tiny college uberlib that no one has ever heard of nor paid any attention to when he posted his raging silliness on internet blogs and considered himself "published." His body of work is like Chum's body of work or weirdo Floriduh Tom with his vast index of his own posts.

Meanwhile, we need to get a gps tracker so we can tag along with the "historic" voyage. I hope that after this Old Whiney Farts for Peace effort successfully embarrasses NK, Iran, and every other little nook and cranny that hopes to obliterate their neighbors for god and country into giving up their nuclear ambitions, they can then head to the Taiwan Strait and settle that shit down for once and for all. 

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
NK, Iran, and every other little nook and cranny that hopes to obliterate their neighbors
Both those countries had working anti-nuke treaties in place  ..  

until your elk (i.e., the US Reich) blew them up with malice aforethought.  

In fact, your main man Tom Cotton tried to sabotage the Iran deal 

before it was even fully negotiated or signed. 

Take that Stanford online course and get back to us . . . but of course you will not bother, 

much preferring to wallow in your own ignorance. 

https://online.stanford.edu/courses/fsi-y0002-living-nuclear-brink-yesterday-and-today

You've got Dunning-Kruger written all over you. 

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
As I think this over, it occurs that US politics are needlessly complex. In a nutshell, you either lap up AJ's drool and spittle, or ... you're a Nazi.

Simple stuff really. 

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
As I think this over, it occurs that US politics are needlessly complex. In a nutshell, you either lap up AJ's drool and spittle, or ... you're a Nazi.

Simple stuff really. 
All you have is juvenile name calling - 

"Reichista" doesn't count, it has to be hard earned - by you. 

Here is the Vets For Peace advisory board - I'm proud to be a small part of it. 

(Google "Advisory Board - Veterans For Peace) 

Monkey

Super Anarchist

Simple stuff really. 
That is EXACTLY why I put that lunatic on ignore. He’s more than welcome to go outside and yell at the clouds, but his Reich bullshit shoved him on to the ignore list. I don’t really care about his freeloading friends. 

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
his Reich bullshit
The GOPPER involvement in the insurrection, and their silence about it since, and their knowing embrace of the Big Lie . . . 

all go to show that my use of the label "Reich" for that elk was, and is, entirely appropriate. 

I will continue to use it for the Drumph and his supporters. 

If you do not like it, well that is just tough tacos. 

The Reich loves to dish out name-calling, big time rudeness, and disrespect . . 

But they cannot take it when some of us give it back to them. 

Life is just SO unfair. 

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
I do sense just the tiniest bit of skepticism here about the Vets For Peace anti-nuke project. 

Several points - 

1. We have many allies and are just a part of a global movement. See ICAN for example. 

2. I would respectfully request that you read this short article from the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. 

https://thebulletin.org/2021/03/an-existential-discussion-what-is-the-probability-of-nuclear-war/ 

A child born today has a better than even chance of experiencing a nuclear war. 

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
If I were the group, I would very embarrassed to have you offering your ambassadorship on their behalf. I bet they would tell you to quit interfering with their effort and change your avatar to avoid affiliation with you, you armchair preacher of the Green Deal

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
That is EXACTLY why I put that lunatic on ignore. He’s more than welcome to go outside and yell at the clouds, but his Reich bullshit shoved him on to the ignore list. I don’t really care about his freeloading friends. 
That is exactly why I got off PA, and now he's here. He's like stepping in dogshit barefooted. 

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
If I were the group, I would very embarrassed to have you offering your ambassadorship on their behalf. I bet they would tell you to quit interfering with their effort and change your avatar to avoid affiliation with you, you armchair preacher of the Green Deal
They know me. I was a part of the first crew of the restored vessel. 

The thrill of a lifetime. 

So I take it that the article from the Bulletin was too deep for y'all ?? 

So much so that you never even tried to lift a scant finger to read it ??  About what I expected. 

And to this grizzled ol' guy, it was gratifying to read that both of the authors' approaches were taught in my classes. 

Quantitative and Qualitative . .  

I am acquiring somewhat of a distaste for ignorant (and proud of it) cyber-trolls. 

socalrider

Super Anarchist
San Diego CA
AJ, I probably agree with 95% of what you believe in but you really come off as a prick.  I have to agree with the comment below.  As an environmentalist, hippie and sailor myself, this is not the path.  If you piss of half of SA in a half dozen posts how are you planning on negotiating a path forward with Iran?  Or Republicans?  

These are the kind of people who give a bad name to environmentalists, hippies and sailors, all at once.

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
He’all seems to think that I didn’t read the article or that I don’t care about the world we live in. I am not a cyber troll, I responded to his posts after he showed what a thin skinned Leftist he is, badgering other posters and 

AJ, go back to PA where you belong and take your Perry course and nuke boat with you. 

Latest posts