News: Vets For Peace historic vessel departs Hawaii

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Nit-picked?

Justified?

You claimed Rickover said something that I never heard of him saying.

I asked you for a link and you said you would provide one or apologize. So far you have offered only hearsay and speculation.
Ole AJ has been getting away with this shit all his life in his sheltered workshop. He has difficulty dealing with people who actually want to be told checkable stuff.

Asking him difficult questions automatically makes you a member of the Reich, because you're not slavishly with him and he knows that he's never wrong. Even if those people never actually said what he claims they saif, AJ knows it's what they really secretly believed and so he's just saying for them what they wanted to say themselves.

FKT

I certainly can’t say it’s not true, but in every book I’ve ever read involving Rickover, his anti-nuke stance was only that it had no business as a land based power plant. 
Rickover was not perfect and he could be vain.

Story is that he was against land based nuclear power because he would not be in control of it therefore he didn't trust it.

Rickover led by the force of his will and his absolute conviction that he was right.

He was either loved or hated for of it.

IMO no one else could have accomplished what he did and especially the time frame he took to do it.

He demanded perfection and procedure and made many men better than they ever thought they could be.

He was totally unconcerned about rank. He didn't care if you were an E-5 or an 0-5 if you could do the job.

In the past 66 years USN has never lost a submarine because of a nuclear casualty. Remarkable achievement.

We did lose two nuke boats (1963/1968) but those loses were not a result of any failure of their power plants.

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
Not that I ever served in the military, my brothers and I are the first generation since 1789 that have not enlisted to protect our country in uniform, due to selective service and a rare peace in the late 80’s-90’s, but I know a naval commander who was the commissioning crew executive officer on the Hyman G. Rickover (SSN 709) before commanding the Shark(SSN 591). I can look his record up and find several references even though I only know him through years of sailing one design against him. He is humble. I never would have thought that he was in command of so many men and such an incredible projection of naval power.

Not that I ever served in the military, my brothers and I are the first generation since 1789 that have not enlisted to protect our country in uniform, due to selective service and a rare peace in the late 80’s-90’s, but I know a naval commander who was the commissioning crew executive officer on the Hyman G. Rickover (SSN 709) before commanding the Shark(SSN 591). I can look his record up and find several references even though I only know him through years of sailing one design against him. He is humble. I never would have thought that he was in command of so many men and such an incredible projection of naval power.
709 is one of 3 Seawolf class boats. She was cut open and a 100' mission module section welded in.

She then became our specialized spy boat replacing the Parche and the Halibut.

Read Blind Mans Bluff and operation Ivy Bells for fascinating stories of Cold War operations of these highly decorated boats.

To then go from a state of the art Seawolf class back to a 590 class is like going back in time!

I would have stayed in if I could have transferred to a SSN but nobody transferred out of the Polaris program.

All good.

Speaking only for myself, fuck off with your passive aggressive BS.

If you are actually serious about your cause, feel free to chain yourself to a nuclear reactor and save the earth.

Try inside. The headlines will be better.

Meanwhile, sail your little boat around the USA and grab as many freebe crumbs as you can.

There is no shortage of fools willing to emote.

Maybe wear a cape for emphasis?

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
your passive aggressive BS
Well, your own aggression is not passive, though you tried to play that pretend open mind thing for a time. 

You came on this thread with your mind already made up, and with no intention of engaging in an honest exchange of views. 

But in any case, may you find peace; or peace find you - whichever comes first. 

My initial post asked you for a link to your claimed statement about Rickover. 

Nothing pretend about it.

In fact I am still interested in your rational response but clearly you can't provide one other than the hearsay and speculation that you have already offered.

FWIW that is on you not me.

The rest of your posts speak for themselves.

I will leave it to others to form their own conclusions about this discussion.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
So I sort of get the impression that some of you think that Vets For Peace, T. Rogers, Dan Ellsberg, and little ol' moi . .  

are not really very supportive of our old nation-state,  . . 

But do you think that these creatures are ?? 

https://flagofficers4america.com/opening-statement

Which ones of us/them should lose retirement bennies ?? 

This "cite" from AJ "Always Jawing" Oliver is propaganda by fascists friends of Flynn from a GoDaddy DIY blog site. Think Warbird and friends on a computer after a case of Busch Ice and some edibles. 

All up, another embarrassing diversion attempt by an internet weirdo who has been called out and obviously has nothing. This poseur is such a loser he had A Guy in the Chesapeake, if you recall, considering driving up and stomping his ass a year or two back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breamerly

Someone should (seriously) make sure the dudes in the peace boat see this thread, so they know how they are being represented.

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
I emailed them so they can appreciate all the hard work that AJ is doing on their behalf. 
They might notice that he keeps moving the goalposts and insulting a nuclear submarine naval veteran as well. 

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
Someone should (seriously) make sure the dudes in the peace boat see this thread, so they know how they are being represented.
Don't contact the boat - they have enough with which to concern themselves without your stupid flame/trolling. 

But feel free to contact the Vets For Peace office, or the VFP Golden Rule Project - both have web sites. 

Unlike you cowardly anonymous trolls, we are accountable for our actions. 

And below is a bald-faced lie, so typical of the local Reich. 

insulting a nuclear submarine naval veteran as well. 

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
No, definitely contact them. They have an email address that’s supplied in the link AJ posted at the top of this thread. They have the better part of 50 days of drifting and sailing ahead of them. Make sure they know what an asshole AJ has made of his self for them’all.

Monkey

Super Anarchist
No, definitely contact them. They have an email address that’s supplied in the link AJ posted at the top of this thread. They have the better part of 50 days of drifting and sailing ahead of them. Make sure they know what an asshole AJ has made of his self for them’all.
I’m not sure I like that choice. AJ might be a dick, but it’s not very cool to drag SA shit fights into the real world. That’s a slippery slope. 

Latest posts