Newsom?

giegs

Anarchist
Arid
In a country where I can sit down in any blue collar bar and get people agreeing with social/labor minded anarchism as long as I don't use the magic words, it's absurd to not at least take advantage of some populist messaging and action items.

Newsom has too much California baggage for a presidential run though.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
In a country where I can sit down in any blue collar bar and get people agreeing with social/labor minded anarchism as long as I don't use the magic words, it's absurd to not at least take advantage of some populist messaging and action items.

Newsom has too much California baggage for a presidential run though.
So did Nixon and Reagan...

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Still true.

Newsom hasn’t been severely tested. In CA, he’s run against a couple of idiot radio talk show hosts because Republicans can’t run anyone here statewide who is even remotely sane with a decent track record of governance. I’d vote for Newsom because I’ll vote for anyone the Dems put up in preference to anyone the Republicans could put up. But then the Republicans will put up Shitstain which makes that choice easy. Hi Jeff!

Last edited:

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Still true.

Newsom hasn’t been severely tested. He’s run against a couple of idiot radio talk show hosts because Republicans can’t run statewide. I’ll vote for him but then I’ll vote for anyone the Dems put up in preference to anyone the Republicans could put up. But then the Republicans will put up Shitstain which makes that choice easy. Hi Jeff!

Is it too early to start talking about whoever the Democrats nominate, it will be the worst possible choice for the country and Real Americanz will have no choice but to vote for Trump?

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
He hasn't been tested period.. He'll get his hat handed to him in the debates...
Against Trump, the felon? Against DeSantis, talk about diversity and the rights of our citizens. A HS student could wipe the floor with the Republican candidates in a debate. Does Trump have a derogatory nickname picked out for Newsom yet. Something his lemmings (you) can chant?

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
I'm willing to serve, if my Canadian citizenship and residence is not an issue. No way I'm moving to the USA, it's too dangerous.
merger. We get health care, a short campaign season and cider but have to promise to learn to say bathroom in French. Canada gets places with winter daylight. We have to keep the greenback, the name Loonie might infringe on a Warner Brothers trademark. Besides, those colors hurt my eyes.

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
He's apparently pretty dyslexic, which accounts for his cadence and such when giving speeches --- plus other issues that would be problematic:

One of his biggest problems is that he was married to Kimberly Guilfoyle.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
You're going for the hair? After the Drumpfh?

Sorry, after BlowJob Bill and, well, Trump, a little hanky panky and some funky hair style just doesn't seem to be an issue anymore.

Ishmael

Yes, we have no bananas
Fuctifino
merger. We get health care, a short campaign season and cider but have to promise to learn to say bathroom in French. Canada gets places with winter daylight. We have to keep the greenback, the name Loonie might infringe on a Warner Brothers trademark. Besides, those colors hurt my eyes.

Fuck your feelings. You'll get what you get, and like it.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Still true.

Newsom hasn’t been severely tested. In CA, he’s run against a couple of idiot radio talk show hosts because Republicans can’t run anyone here statewide who is even remotely sane with a decent track record of governance. I’d vote for Newsom because I’ll vote for anyone the Dems put up in preference to anyone the Republicans could put up. But then the Republicans will put up Shitstain which makes that choice easy. Hi Jeff!
I’m curious. Why the “hi Jeff”? I’d vote for newsome over shitstain any day of the week and twice on Sunday. If they they were the only choices. He’ll, I’d fucking vote for Bernie or Alex over the orange douche canoe if it came down to that.

BeSafe

Super Anarchist
What’s Pete’s image problem?

You can watch the documentary (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13622180/) on his run and see what the issue is.

Pete comes across as calculating and emotionally detached - which he probably is. He's a very smart guy and a politician and, judging by his body language, a bit of an introvert. That, coupled with looking very young and a generic lack of administrative experience, is going to create an image that will play.. awkwardly. Think Dukacis in the Tank or Trump in the 18 wheeler. VROOOM! If his handlers recognize that, it'll be fine.. but that would require handlers that are not belt-way trained. He also is a friction point within the gay community but you can look that up for yourself - its complicated - but could be a shitshow if not handled deftly.

In my opinion, he'd probably make a good president but getting there is going to be rough on him personally and that may come out in his campaigning. Think Bob Dole. But he might be OK. He did do it once already. Chasten seems like a pretty good dude and a great partner. I think he'd make a great first gentleman and probably(?) very good on the campaign.

But Biden seems bent on running (https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/biden-pitches-democrats-biden-president-2024-rcna35820) so Pete's got time. The problem is transportation is a bad department head as a springboard IMHO. Curious that assignment. He'd have been better in Labor. It really depends on how they wanted to frame him.

Last edited:

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
I’m curious. Why the “hi Jeff”? I’d vote for newsome over shitstain any day of the week and twice on Sunday. If they they were the only choices. He’ll, I’d fucking vote for Bernie or Alex over the orange douche canoe if it came down to that.
I was talking about more about the Republican Party in its entirety rather than simply the useful idiot Shitstain. I can say entirety because 74,216,154 conservatives and Republicans voted for Shitstain, more than any Republican nominee in the history of the Republican Party, this even after he suggested they shove UV lamps up their asses and inject bleach in their veins to ward off COVID. Now if you can see any daylight between his Shittiness and his fellow Floridian and former JAG lawyer, Capitán Ron, then you've got some brown floaters in both eyes that have gone mobile. Might want to get that checked out.

More particularly, I was responding to this nonsense:

The D party is FAR from middle of the road. I think you'd be surprised at actually being middle of the road could get you.

For some reason you say you're pro-choice but then you think the actual pro-choice party is FAR from middle of the road. You say something about pocketbook issues but then Republicans give tax cuts to the rich and block health care reform. You talk about immigration reform but when Obama tries the same thing Reagan and Bush did it's blocked by Moscow Mitch. Yeah, that's what the hi Jeff! was about.

Last edited: