NFL 2022

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
It's a Philly thing.

For the record, I was at the Ravens/Steelers Sunday night game in which Ngata broke Big Ben's nose. Game at 8:15 and lots opened a few hours earlier. Folks were double-parked by 9 AM, outside the lots, on city streets, partying, and then staggered in the stadium.

A guy I used to work with had season tickets to the Eagles. He took me to many games, including all the ones when the Bengals where in town. All but those I screamed with the locals, though I did weak my Ickey Woods jersey to Vets Stadium twice.

We'd get to the parking lot pretty early and were usually there hours before even a 1PM game, swilling beers and grilling things.

I hadn't started drinking that early in the day since college or since...

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
Their main question is that patched up the o-line which damn near got Burrows killed against the Ravens checked the Bills pass-rush or if the icy ground did it. About the only question though. Everything else looks great.
We gave up one sack to the Bills.

The week before, we gave up four to the Ravens, but only one in the 2nd half after we lost Jonah Williams. It wasn't that bad against the Ravens, either of the last two games.

One big surprising piece from yesterday was Jackson Carman. We drafted him very early (2nd round), and his year one was...weak. But we also played him at guard, and in college he was a tackle.

Yesterday Carman played tackle, and he did a really good job. He's been not playing, but the team has been drilling and training the hell out of him and it shows. And returning to the position he played at Clemson helped. He's young, as he was both a true freshman (didn't redshirt) and opted out of his senior year to enter the draft. I think that youth showed his rookie year.

The work has made a difference, and he's a much more disciplined player now than he was a year ago.

The thing the other people forget is that the replacement O-line - Carman, Hakeem Adeniji, and Max Scharping - are not inexperienced rookies. Carman saw a lot of time last year before getting benched, Adeniji started half of last year including the Super Bowl, and Scharping (a 2nd round pick like Carman) had 33 starts in Houston before we claimed him off waivers. So they're not starters, but they're also pretty well meshed in the team and have experience.

And Adeniji, like Carman, lost his spot to some high-powered, expensive free agents and he's pretty motivated by a crack at winning it back.

Based on what we saw yesterday and the fact that we might get Cappa and/or Williams back this week, I think we'll be OK if we play like we did against the Bills.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
I just hope the media will finally put that America's Team shit to bed. They aren't even Dallas's team, they play in Arlington and are Jerry's Kids.

chinabald

Super Anarchist
If the NFL goes to neutral site conference championship games… we’ll I’ll do nothing but I will be pissed and I will post scathing comments.

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
If the NFL goes to neutral site conference championship games… we’ll I’ll do nothing but I will be pissed and I will post scathing comments.
They won't, the neutral site was for the Anointed Ones.

Low tier upstarts who screw up the plans get road games.

sunseeker

Super Anarchist
They won’t. Owners love/need every home game they can get. Fans would be seriously pissed.

Latest posts