NKE Instrument Dealer

I ripped out all of the Raymarine that came with my used boat and installed a complete NKE system about 7 years ago - all purchased from Euro Marine Trading. Sold that boat (monohull) and am now looking into installing an NKE system on a new catamaran. Would like to go with Furuno MFD, radar, AIS etc as I networked that into my NKE system and nav computer running expedition easily on the last boat. Problem is that EuroMarine trading don't rep NKE anymore. I think I dealt with Walter there - I think he moved to another NKE dealer in the Newport area but can't locate where. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a complete new NKE instrument package for self-install. Boat is being built out of the US - so hopefully dealer terrority will not be an issue.

Ron Swanson

Los Angeles
I bought my system from France and imported the components. I pretty much knew the components I wanted, it sounds like you know what you need?

Going this route though, help with troubleshooting, NMEA interfaces, or firmware updates may be awkward. There are some guys around who know the system though.

USD/EUR at parity so that’s good.

I’ve really liked my NKE system, all perfect except the Wi-Fi box.

Thanks. I assume as it is exported it is VAT exempt - just US import duties - in PA i will also get a state tax bill in the mail.
Was there a specific dealer you worked with? I am concerned if i go directly to NKE they may kick me back to a USA rep.

I also had issues with the Wifi box - ended up using it to provide the NMEA output via cable to the Furuno network,

Ron Swanson

Los Angeles
Yes, VAT exempt. You are still way ahead after PA tax. I worked with Pochon in La Rochelle. There are others. PM me if you want a contact.

They have since updated the Wifi box. No idea if it's better. I think they also have a straight ethernet box now.

pilotdave

LA CA
I would also recommend Jerome. He did a nice install of an Autopilot for my boat. He always answers the phone! What more could you ask for?

Latest posts