No Sign of a Red Wave Anywhere

Voyageur

Super Anarchist
On The Borderline
WY, has some of the best skiing in the lower 48. the most liberal town in the state probably brings in the most money, to the state tax man. I am going to Jackson. I know it's a different town.

1660662298783.png
1660662351951.png

Last edited:

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Also this week. Florida appellate court with two Scott appointees and one DeSantis judge tells a 17 year old girl that she is not mature enough to decide to have an abortion but mature enough to have a child.

A5759B5E-5147-4409-ADBD-678922D4D83F.jpeg

Last edited:

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
Yes it is. And it has benefited tremendously from a large amount of Federal money invested in infrastructure. It would be a far poorer and far less habitable place, otherwise. But hey, facts don't matter. Wyoming is largely inhabited by trumpalos.

Some good friends/neighbors moved there, from here, because they decided they loved the mountains and the wilderness more than the coast. So they live there in what is basically a suburb, although with a beautiful mountain view, and lots of national parks and lakes all around. We spent a good bit of time visiting out there in 2018 and 2019 and IMHO it's one tweet away from a pogrom against Democrats and libby-rulls.
It's always been cowboys and rodeos. Just drive 80 from east to west. Nothing there.... Hang a left at Cheyenne and get your ass to civilization... LOL. The Tetons are frigging amazing...

Sisyphus

Tartarus
The women I know, are pissed about Roe, viscerally pissed to the point of physical reactions. “Traumatized,” “betrayed,” “2nd class citizen” are common themes. This is across ages from college-aged up and across political parties. Even the ones who voted for Trump, who you could lump in the leopards ate my face category, are stunned that states would go straight to absolute bans including in cases of rape or incest. The only ones not reacting that way are evangelicals.

I’m not surprised that grassroots donations have dropped for R’s and increased for D’s.

I don’t think that this is the type of anger that will dissipate by the mid-terms or even the next election. I also will not be surprised if there is a noticeable increase in women, especially younger women, actually voting in the general elections.

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
The women I know, are pissed about Roe, viscerally pissed to the point of physical reactions. “Traumatized,” “betrayed,” “2nd class citizen” are common themes. This is across ages from college-aged up and across political parties. Even the ones who voted for Trump, who you could lump in the leopards ate my face category, are stunned that states would go straight to absolute bans including in cases of rape or incest. The only ones not reacting that way are evangelicals.

I’m not surprised that grassroots donations have dropped for R’s and increased for D’s.

I don’t think that this is the type of anger that will dissipate by the mid-terms or even the next election. I also will not be surprised if there is a noticeable increase in women, especially younger women, actually voting in the general elections.
This, independents are independent for just this sort of schtick, Women are beyond pissed and the repubs have 0 answer(dog actually caught car) so now we wait.. Oct surprise?? WTF can be bigger than overturning ROE?? IMHO we are going to see an even bigger turn out than last time and prove that everyone in this country is not fucking EVIL... (I can dream right)

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
Yes, several times. A very beautiful place, a complete curse in the winter.
Drove through from Colorado to Montana for the first time a couple of months ago. Lingering impression was of incredibly small towns, driving upwards of an hour on the interstate w/essentially no traffic, and snow fencing. Lots and lots of snow fencing. The solitude was interesting.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Drove through from Colorado to Montana for the first time a couple of months ago. Lingering impression was of incredibly small towns, driving upwards of an hour on the interstate w/essentially no traffic, and snow fencing. Lots and lots of snow fencing. The solitude was interesting.
"The solitude was interesting." Sounds like a breeding ground for 'Q'. More libraries, please.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
There’s definitely no red wave going on in Pennsylvania where the GOP’s genius plan to run total losers is paying off. Here we see Dr. Oz (aka man of the people) doing some grocery shopping for crudités (had to look that one up) and is shocked by the prices (he’s worth $100M)

WHAT! No rose cut radishes? No marinated artichoke hearts? no hearts of endive, or french cut fennel bulb? And where's the sour cream/blue cheese dip?..... No wonder the guy's a loser.