Not fun?!?

DarkHorse

This is the essence of sailing, for sure the essence of offshore sailing. Its where the big kids play. Yes, I agree its no 45-minute round the buoy in 8-12 kts Dago kind of stuff.

The boats are fast and have all the latest toys, but its still seat of you pants sailing. Going through the design and build phases, picking the right strategies, managing the weather, picking the right sails, managing the boat and all its systems - this is sailing at its best!! (oh and crusing around the world at 26kts is not exactly sitting on the couch either)

Looks like fun to me!

random

Super Anarchist
What?  That's not acceptable.

Where are the helmsmen getting washed to the end of their tethers?  Ribs been broken?  Back injuries?

This development is seriously fucked-up and will ruin the sport.  Imagine how the VOR would die if this shit was used with that event?

On a serous note ... Fish would still be here and that would be a good thing wouldn't it?

Ex Machina

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Yeah looks like aft navs but facing forward-ish. Is that a helmswoman ? If so I’m mighty impressed , those beasts would need a whole next level of skill sets to drive at that speed without stacking it into a lamp post 

duncan (the other one)

Super Anarchist
Siderney
it looks like a blast - I'm sure it'd get pants-staining if the wind actually picked up and there was a decent sea.

I can imagine keeping it on the boil for hours on end would be pretty draining, though

Last edited by a moderator:

Thistle1678

Yeah looks like aft navs but facing forward-ish. Is that a helmswoman ? If so I’m mighty impressed , those beasts would need a whole next level of skill sets to drive at that speed without stacking it into a lamp post 
EDIT: whole next level of autopilot...  No TIllers on Boss... 

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
“It was at this point Jackson knew he fucked up.”

AC921FA4-24B0-4AD0-B401-EDCEC118E7B2.png

FCEAE29E-C564-4BD5-9655-2DACA7E018CC.png