Super Anarchist
Somewhat near Naptown
goodspin.jpg

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
I'm thinking of a word ... it starts with N -- not that one! -- and describes a process where we decide the oil companies have made enough on their investments and our wallets gallon by gallon.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
I'm thinking of a word ... it starts with N -- not that one! -- and describes a process where we decide the oil companies have made enough on their investments and our wallets gallon by gallon.
Hmmmm. Is this a word recently used in Germany when they got sick of the fuckers?

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Nationalization of the oil companies was my mild suggestion.

Hey! I own oil company stocks, goddammit! My beef with their profiteering is that they are not sharing enough with me... and obviously not increasing pay for their workers, either... wouldn't that be nice

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
I need another castle in the UK like ...

I was thinking more along the lines of eliminating the profit sucking middlemen and women. Put admin in the DOE obviously. Guessing the rank and files in the companies would want to keep their jobs. Infrstructure is in place. A zippless fuck as EJ would say. Here's Sec Granholm:

WASHINGTON, D.C.— U.S. Secretary of Energy Jennifer M. Granholm issued the following statement today:

“This week’s letter from a company that made nearly $200M in profit every single day last quarter, misreads the moment we are in. The fact is this: Energy companies are making record profits, with refiners and retailers also posting margins that are well above average — while passing the costs on to consumers. Currently the average markup from wholesale to retail is about $1.27, compared to a typical 90 cents for this time of year. This price dynamic is possible because of ongoing refinery issues and a failure of companies to maintain sufficient regional inventories to buffer demand when refineries go offline, while those same companies export gasoline and diesel at record levels. While many states are still seeing lower prices than the peak in June, others in the Midwest and West are instead experiencing swift price increases because low inventories are not sufficient to meet their customers’ needs.

“This is a time for American energy companies to take action to lower prices for consumers and to rebuild inventories of gasoline and diesel in this country that are below the five-year range.

“As the President has said, these companies need to focus less on taking every last dollar off the table, and more on passing through savings to their customers. If companies like ExxonMobil continue to believe that 'free market incentives remain the most efficient way for the industry to address these problems,' they need to step up and show results for American consumers and the American economy.”

Nice sentiment but not how the world works, Jen. So the People nationalize it for ourselves.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Wille thisse be an armed struggelle?
Not at all. It's a legal taking. Bill gets proposed with all the details spelled out, passed. I anticipate a lack of transfer support from the relieved execs as the only snag. Well, there may be issues with this SCOTUS.

This happened way back. Our oil companies took a shit ton of oil from Arabian ground. After awhile, the Arabs said enough and took over the plants. We can do it as well.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
The PPG around here ranges from $3.01- $3.35.... I asked the OWNER of the $3.35 place why he was so much higher. "Because I bought before the hurricane, and wholesale was higher then"... Yeah, but it's cheaper now, so if you drop prices to meet demand you'll get rid of that higher priced gas and replace it with cheaper gas....
He looked at me like I was 5 years old.
But he's the guy with the gas station, so.....

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
I need another castle in the UK like ...

I was thinking more along the lines of eliminating the profit sucking middlemen and women. Put admin in the DOE obviously. Guessing the rank and files in the companies would want to keep their jobs. Infrstructure is in place. A zippless fuck as EJ would say. Here's Sec Granholm:

WASHINGTON, D.C.— U.S. Secretary of Energy Jennifer M. Granholm issued the following statement today:

“This week’s letter from a company that made nearly $200M in profit every single day last quarter, misreads the moment we are in. The fact is this: Energy companies are making record profits, with refiners and retailers also posting margins that are well above average — while passing the costs on to consumers. Currently the average markup from wholesale to retail is about $1.27, compared to a typical 90 cents for this time of year. This price dynamic is possible because of ongoing refinery issues and a failure of companies to maintain sufficient regional inventories to buffer demand when refineries go offline, while those same companies export gasoline and diesel at record levels. While many states are still seeing lower prices than the peak in June, others in the Midwest and West are instead experiencing swift price increases because low inventories are not sufficient to meet their customers’ needs.

“This is a time for American energy companies to take action to lower prices for consumers and to rebuild inventories of gasoline and diesel in this country that are below the five-year range.

“As the President has said, these companies need to focus less on taking every last dollar off the table, and more on passing through savings to their customers. If companies like ExxonMobil continue to believe that 'free market incentives remain the most efficient way for the industry to address these problems,' they need to step up and show results for American consumers and the American economy.”

Nice sentiment but not how the world works, Jen. So the People nationalize it for ourselves.
i'm sorry to say, the oil executives are pissed we aren't paying prices like the euro's...

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Excess profits tax...

A rationally scaled progressive income tax would fix it.

If they could take $10M and stick it in their pockets, they'd be wildly rich by most standards. When you are used to sticking $100M in your pockets, it sounds like GODDAM ROBBERY!!! This is why the richest 0.1% who already own half of everything will never be satisfied, will always want more.

If that 2nd $10M incurred a heavier tax, and the next heavier yet, on up to 98%, they would have no reason to not invest it in better infrastructure, in research, maybe even raising their workers wages.

Latest posts