Novids

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
The writer is arguing about a single point source not the conditions ripe for super spreader events.
But you may be correct.
But there was more than one.
Perhaps it simply proved that gatherings inside posed a huge risk?
Anyway, it doesn't matter now we're all vaccinated. 6 of our choir members came down with covid after a singing workshop with 50 attendees. All mild.

On 8 March this year, the Amsterdam Mixed Choir gave a performance of Bach’s St John Passion in the city’s Concertgebouw auditorium. It was one of the last major classical concerts to be held in the Netherlands before the country went into Covid-19 lockdown.

The performance had unexpected consequences. Days later, singers began to sicken, one by one, until 102 of 130 choristers had fallen ill with Covid-19. One 78-year-old died, as did three partners of choir members; singers ended up in intensive care; and conductor Paul Valk displayed serious symptoms.

Nor was this the only major chorus to suffer from Covid-19. Members of the Skagit Valley Chorale, based in Washington State, met for a rehearsal in March and within three weeks, 45 of them had been diagnosed with the disease or had symptoms. Three were hospitalised and two died. Similarly 50 members of the Berlin Cathedral Choir contracted the coronavirus after a March rehearsal, and in England many members of the Voices of Yorkshire choir became infected with a Covid-like disease earlier this year.

LB 15

Cunt

Mid

Blues Rule
1669269481211.png

a study published this month in mBio, a journal of the American Society for Microbiology, has produced evidence that supports earlier theories that an existing vaccination may protect against the more severe symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection.

The study's researchers found an inverse correlation between levels of mumps titers and the severity of COVID-19 disease symptoms in those who had been vaccinated with the measles-mumps-rubella MMR II vaccine.

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
I had covid for the 4th time a few weeks ago. Caught it an a Biz trip to Sydney. Had a bit of a cold and was going to have lunch with an old mate so did a test. So I skipped lunch and stayed home for a week. I have had all 4 shots so they obviously work. So get vaxed and harden the fuck up.

Time for the covid fear mongering to end. Imagine starting a thread, simply to brag that you haven't had it. But you are safe if the only people you come into contact with are your fellow choir singers as they obviously don't have a life either.
Get your heart checked.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
What's a "Covid-like disease"? A cold?
Who knows?
But the point is that some people get multiple exposures but don't seen to be susceptible.
Genetic research has found that some people are more susceptible because of genetic factors.
Conversely, some people my be less susceptible for the same reason.
It's worth studying. Interesting article

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
1st clue: Cheap Shite creates a sock just for this forum. The forum is much more entertaining just reading the responses, thanksgiving to the ignore function.

accnick

Super Anarchist
Not at all. Actually did post grad in science.
Well, I have an MSc, so I suppose that makes me a "scientist", and an expert on things related to vaccines and microbiology.

Oops, the science my degree was in is economics. Heck, I guess I still did a "post grad in science", so I must know everything there is to know.

Is Christian Science a science? What science did you do your post grad in? Did you actually get a degree that is relevant to this discussion?

Chief Stipe

Oops, the science my degree was in is economics. Heck, I guess I still did a "post grad in science", so I must know everything there is to know.
Excellent. So you are trained in the evidence based scientific methodology. Can you give us your erudite analysis of the cost benefit of lockdowns from a holistic population perspective?

Chief Stipe

FIFY

IMHO "Cheif Stipe" is just an RWNJ who wants to seem smart, hence his constantly tossing out science-y terms like "IFR" without understanding the context.
Well you have no idea about how the 9m deaths you predict could have happened was derived.

Hence your lack of understanding about IFR and context.

Do you wear your mask over your eyes?

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
What a ridiculous thread. People crowing because they've not had covid. YET FFS.

I haven't had cancer, ebola or aids even. Fucking idiots.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Excellent. So you are trained in the evidence based scientific methodology. Can you give us your erudite analysis of the cost benefit of lockdowns from a holistic population perspective?
Can you explain what that even means?
Other than "lockdowns are BAD because libby-rulls!"