NYC...

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
I’ve reasonably pointed out that 25.30% of police shouldn’t carry guns.  That goes for tasers as well.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
My initial Monday morning corner backing says that taser came Out too quick.  But as usual we only saw part Of The situation.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
The cops involved shouid al be arrested and charged with assault and kidnapping. 
Then the jury can hear and view all the available evidence and decide guilt and if jail, loss of jobs, or whatever is appropriate 

my initial reaction is the asshole bully who  shoved the guy should be The number one culprit but the asshole who shot the taser is right up there and the assholes who then piled on the guy as if being tased was a crime certainly need jail terms . 

the men in the uniforms are obviously not fit to carry weapons and protect society 

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Just from the video, I'd say the first cop shoved the protester into the line of the second cop who then knocked him around and then tazed him. It was completely unprovoked.

Rok Dog

Super Anarchist
Just from the video, I'd say the first cop shoved the protester into the line of the second cop who then knocked him around and then tazed him. It was completely unprovoked.
You have no idea of what happened prior to that.  Instead of jumping to conclusions based on assumptions wait for all the facts to come in.

mikewof

mikewof
It seems that cell phones and social media has done more to expose this kind of thing than anything else in history.

It sure seemed unprovoked to me, but I'm glad that there were apparently no serious injuries.

So given that, does Leader Halal Meat Express offer Halal aged beef steaks, or is it mostly a goat-and-chicken kind of establishment?

frenchie

Super Anarchist
Brooklyn, NY
Here in NY, with Police budgets decreased, instead of hiring less officers, they lowered pay and barriers to entry, hence idiots like this in positions of authoritative power.
NYPD's budget "decreased"... when?

Screen_Shot_2020-05-14_at_8.22.17_.2e16d0ba.fill-634x377.png

NYPD's not worse than they used to be.  There used to be more knuckleheads & shitheads on the force, not less.  

It's just that everyone has a decent video camera in their pocket, nowadays. 

Saorsa

Super Anarchist
NYPD's budget "decreased"... when?

Screen_Shot_2020-05-14_at_8.22.17_.2e16d0ba.fill-634x377.png

NYPD's not worse than they used to be.  There used to be more knuckleheads & shitheads on the force, not less.  

It's just that everyone has a decent video camera in their pocket, nowadays. 
Just another reason to avoid shithole cities.

frenchie

Super Anarchist
Brooklyn, NY
You have no idea of what happened prior to that.  Instead of jumping to conclusions based on assumptions wait for all the facts to come in.
Someone threw a hardhat into a crowd of "back the blue" marchers, way earlier.  The official NYPD position is that this was the guy who did it.  The video suggest otherwise.  If they wanted him from the start, the video would show that whole group of cops swoop in directly onto him.  The video shows, instead, "let's get these protesters off the street and onto the sidewalk", escalate.  He wasn't targeted until he nearly walked into the cop (who was shoving someone else), at 0:10.  And then, of course, displaying "attitude" instead of meekness/submission. 

Last edited by a moderator:

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
I think some folks still have a picture in their mind of NYC as pictured in movies from the seventies. It is just not like that.

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
I think some folks still have a picture in their mind of NYC as pictured in movies from the seventies. It is just not like that.
It's cool - but, it seems that it costs ya $100 to walk in anyplace.  The pax ferries are a cool and inexpensive ride - I could see spending an afternoon drinkin beer on the top deck checking out all the routes.  To the OP?  It could be interpreted a bunch of ways - what happened immediately preceeding the start of this video would have to be understood to have an accurate perspective.