Obama's Mexican Gunrunning Operation

nannygovtsucks

Super Anarchist
NRA Provides Details on Obama's Mexican Gunrunning Operation

The Obama Regime deliberately allowed American guns to be smuggled into Mexico, knowing that they would be used to create mayhem when they inevitably bounced back across the deliberately under-defended border. The purpose: to undermine our constitutional right to bear arms by using American-bought guns in Mexican hands as a propaganda cudgel. Border Agent Brian Terry, while providing free police services to illegal aliens, was killed by one of these weapons when he was sent up against heavily armed Mexican bandits with a beanbag gun. Details from Wayne LaPierre of the NRA:

http://www.glennbeck...-news-on-radio/

Wayne explained, "What's going on is NRA called for full‑scale congressional investigations into this program that our government, the Obama administration was running called Fast and Furious." 

"Apparently what was going on and this is all based on what agents, law enforcement agents, are coming forward under the Whistleblower Act and saying is that we all heard Hillary Clinton and Eric Holder and the administration saying 90% of the guns the cartels are getting are coming from the United States."

"Blaming the Second Amendment, lock, stock and barrel for the guns of the Mexican gun cartels."

"Problem was they could only prove a trickle. What it looks like, apparently, is someone in this administration, in our federal government, set out to turn that trickle into a river of guns flowing from the United States into the hands of the Mexican drug cartels over the border into their hands."

"It's called Fast and Furious. They did it over the objections of their field agents who said if we send guns over the border into the hands of these evil people, the Mexican drug cartels, we'll see these guns again. These people will cause harm with these guns."

"They wept ahead and did it. They, in effect, set up a dealership. They set up an illegal pipe line and they pumped thousands and thousands according to the agents' words, guns, from the United States over the border into the hands of the Mexican drug cartel."

"We're arming the military to help stop them, or are you saying there's actually an illegal gun smuggling ring that was set up by the United States government to push to actually put them in the hands of the bad guys?" Glenn asked.

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
JBSF said:
Nanny, thats a bit of a stretch even for you and the NRA to accuse the admin of deliberately allowing guns to cross the border for the purpose of them showing up back here to be used in crimes.
If you look closely, it's actually Glenn Beck that has that harebrained theory, and calls the administration the "Obama Regime". I almost stopped reading right there. :rolleyes: The NRA depiction of what went on is accurate, and contains no reference to the guns coming back here.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
If there were ever a difference between Nanny and Malarkey it has long since disappeared. This post puts him in Carly Land.

benwynn

Super Anarchist
Entertainer Glenn Beck will come up with crazier and crazier shit, as long as there are enough morons like NGS to build his career on.

Ben

Mark K

Super Anarchist
JBSF said:
Nanny, thats a bit of a stretch even for you and the NRA to accuse the admin of deliberately allowing guns to cross the border for the purpose of them showing up back here to be used in crimes. Its a good conspiracy theory for political blogs, but its blatent supposition as to the intent.

However, allowing the guns to cross over knowing they were illegal with no way to keep an eye on them until they reached the bigger fish is just asininely stupid and someone needs to hang for that. And if it turns out to be Holder and/or Obama - I'll tie the knot myself.

Looks like Rep Issa and Sen Grassely are not happy and this letter explains the whole deal a lot better than the NRA gobbledy gook.
Contrast that letter with Melson's testimony last year. http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2010/03/030410-testimony-atf-dir-melson-fy11-appropriations.html

He is quite proud of what Gunrunner accomplished in 2009, expanded it with Stim money, and is asking for more.

Lists alot of busts and arrests too.

They are attacking the field agents. They must want to stop them from running stings. NRA false flag operation? Pretend to be a crusader against gun smugglers to cover up the attack on ATF's stings that hurt sales?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
Contrast that letter with Melson's testimony last year. http://www.atf.gov/p...opriations.html

He is quite proud of what Gunrunner accomplished in 2009, expanded it with Stim money, and is asking for more.

Lists alot of busts and arrests too.

They are attacking the field agents. They must want to stop them from running stings. NRA false flag operation? Pretend to be a crusader against gun smugglers to cover up the attack on ATF's stings that hurt sales?
Bureaucrats boast in front of Congress, but that doesn't mean what they say is the whole truth.

Who is attacking field agents, and how, exactly? I have not seen it. I have seen this field agent attacking the program:

http://www.cbsnews.c...n20045609.shtml

And the journalists guide mentions a few aspects that somehow did not seem appropriate to bring up in front of Congress...

http://www.examiner....oject-gunwalker

Things like arming the good guys with bean bags while the bad guys use bullets. One of the guns that they let walk being used to kill one of our agents.

ATF testimony to Congress is not exactly the best place to become informed of an ATF scandal, if your goal is actually to inform...

Saorsa

Super Anarchist
JBSF said:
Nanny, thats a bit of a stretch even for you and the NRA to accuse the admin of deliberately allowing guns to cross the border for the purpose of them showing up back here to be used in crimes. Its a good conspiracy theory for political blogs, but its blatent supposition as to the intent.

However, allowing the guns to cross over knowing they were illegal with no way to keep an eye on them until they reached the bigger fish is just asininely stupid and someone needs to hang for that. And if it turns out to be Holder and/or Obama - I'll tie the knot myself.

Looks like Rep Issa and Sen Grassely are not happy and this letter explains the whole deal a lot better than the NRA gobbledy gook.
Did you read the first and second paragraphs on page 2 of your cite?

Deliberate or not it seems that the guns came back.

Mark K

Super Anarchist
"You don't let guns walk. I've never let a gun walk." -- ATF Special Agent Rene Jaquez
SOP for domestic stuff. Bust it and settle for the small fry in the US.

How do you infiltrate a foreign gun running operation without selling guns?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
How do you infiltrate a foreign gun running operation without selling guns?
The Mexican government and the Obama administration (now) appear to agree that you do it without putting thousands of guns in the hands of foreign criminals whose government is unaware of the operation. But that's now. Not so sure about then.

Meanwhile, I'm still wondering about this:

They are attacking the field agents.
Is there any basis for that statement anywhere?

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
I'm not so sure the goal was infiltration anyway. The ATF is known for publicity stunts. I think the whole point of the operation was to make statements like this one politically advantageous:

Cutting off the flow of arms to the Cartels could get pretty gol-derned draconian for a spell. The NRA has to be on board for that to happen. Only they can give Blue Dogs and rational Republicans the political cover they would need on this.
That didn't work either. :p

Mark K

Super Anarchist
I believe everything I have ever read that has come from the NRA. In all the time I have been a member, there has not been one single thing they have said or a position they have asked me to support that I differ with in the slightest, everything they say completely unbiased truth.
You are wrong to assume that.

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
Almost funny, Mark, but has to be closer to truth to by funny. The truth is I have never given the compromising weasels at the NRA my money because of their numerous sellouts and buyouts. I much prefer to donate to the Second Amendment Foundation if I feel like supporting firearms rights.

Now, speaking of truth, was there any basis for your earlier statement?

Who is? In what manner? Where is the evidence?

Mark K

Super Anarchist
Almost funny, Mark, but has to be closer to truth to by funny. The truth is I have never given the compromising weasels at the NRA my money because of their numerous sellouts and buyouts. I much prefer to donate to the Second Amendment Foundation if I feel like supporting firearms rights.

By accusing them of deliberately allowing arms to go to the Cartels.

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL

The NRA has made no such accusation against field agents, and in fact the topic article says this about them:

“Apparently what was going on and this is all based on what agents, law enforcement agents, are coming forward under the Whistleblower Act and saying is that we all heard Hillary Clinton and Eric Holder and the administration saying 90% of the guns the cartels are getting are coming from the United States.”
“Blaming the Second Amendment, lock, stock and barrel for the guns of the Mexican gun cartels.”

“Problem was they could only prove a trickle. What it looks like, apparently, is someone in this administration, in our federal government, set out to turn that trickle into a river of guns flowing from the United States into the hands of the Mexican drug cartels over the border into their hands.”

“It’s called Fast and Furious. They did it over the objections of their field agents who said if we send guns over the border into the hands of these evil people, the Mexican drug cartels, we’ll see these guns again. These people will cause harm with these guns.”

“They wept ahead and did it. They, in effect, set up a dealership. They set up an illegal pipe line and they pumped thousands and thousands according to the agents’ words, guns, from the United States over the border into the hands of the Mexican drug cartel.”
They are accusing someone, who does not seem interested in coming forward and claiming credit for this bold move, of ordering the field agents to allow the criminals to spirit guns away into Mexico. The article makes plain that it was a political level decision, not endorsed by the agents in the field at all.

So there is evidence that what you said about the NRA accusing field agents was false, but I am waiting for evidence that it is true. Where is that again?

Mark K

Super Anarchist

The NRA has made no such accusation against field agents, and in fact the topic article says this about them:

“Apparently what was going on and this is all based on what agents, law enforcement agents, are coming forward under the Whistleblower Act and saying is that we all heard Hillary Clinton and Eric Holder and the administration saying 90% of the guns the cartels are getting are coming from the United States.”
“Blaming the Second Amendment, lock, stock and barrel for the guns of the Mexican gun cartels.”

“Problem was they could only prove a trickle. What it looks like, apparently, is someone in this administration, in our federal government, set out to turn that trickle into a river of guns flowing from the United States into the hands of the Mexican drug cartels over the border into their hands.”

“It’s called Fast and Furious. They did it over the objections of their field agents who said if we send guns over the border into the hands of these evil people, the Mexican drug cartels, we’ll see these guns again. These people will cause harm with these guns.”

“They wept ahead and did it. They, in effect, set up a dealership. They set up an illegal pipe line and they pumped thousands and thousands according to the agents’ words, guns, from the United States over the border into the hands of the Mexican drug cartel.”
They are accusing someone, who does not seem interested in coming forward and claiming credit for this bold move, of ordering the field agents to allow the criminals to spirit guns away into Mexico. The article makes plain that it was a political level decision, not endorsed by the agents in the field at all.

So there is evidence that what you said about the NRA accusing field agents was false, but I am waiting for evidence that it is true. Where is that again?
I was talking about Issa's and Grassley's investigation, not Becks moronic speculations.