Obama's Mexican Gunrunning Operation

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Were those redacted pages from W's administration? You know, the administration that started the gunwalking. I ask because Tom and his superfriends don't seem so interested in that phase of the investigation. Someone needs to ask because ...

View attachment 306032
A lie is out there, but people who have read this thread know that W's administration shut down Project Gunrunner because it was reckless and stupid.

The Obama restarted it, possibly also because it was reckless and stupid.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Seems a bit closer to the President than the AG's wife, who some say is covered by Executive Privilege.

Well, they did say it, right up until an Obama appointee told them no.
So they subpoenaed the wife and the mother of the black AG of the black guy who succeeded the white guy (and stupidly restarted the gunwalking program) whose AG started the whole gunwalking thing (and stopped it once someone realized how stupid it was.) Now did they subpoena the wife and the mother of the AG who started the whole gunwalking thing?
No, possibly because that administration halted the stupid program.

The coverup that generated the subpoena  was necessary because restarting it was so stupid as to be inexplicable.

There was no coverup under the administration that simply realized they were being stupid and stopped.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
The executive behavior in response to congressional requests that they don't like isn't any different now than it was when Obama and Holder didn't want to answer questions about fast and furious.   As you said - it'll go to the courts, and that's when your comments and questions will matter.  Now?  It's just another instance of you prematurely making a lot of noise about not a helluva lot. 
The fact is you have no more idea of what will happen than anyone else. All I did was say that Congress has the power to arrest and imprison. Obama and Holder sought remedy with the courts and the judge agreed that the contempt citation was out of line.
How did I miss that?

Which judge, in what case, and when?

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Wow. I knew she was good because she called out Obama's bullshit executive privilege claim, as noted above.

But denying a motion for contempt of court isn't agreeing "that the contempt citation was out of line" because contempt of court and contempt of Congress are different things. She would have no occasion to comment on the contempt citation by Congress.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Wow. I knew she was good because she called out Obama's bullshit executive privilege claim, as noted above.

But denying a motion for contempt of court isn't agreeing "that the contempt citation was out of line" because contempt of court and contempt of Congress are different things. She would have no occasion to comment on the contempt citation by Congress.
I'm not so sure about that, the courts are a separate branch that has oversight as well.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
More lies from the faithless, lying Reich . .  (I-Tom)  

NRA Provides Details on Obama's Mexican Gunrunning OperationThe Obama Regime deliberately allowed American guns to be smuggled into Mexico, knowing that they would be used to create mayhem when they inevitably bounced back across the deliberately under-defended border. The purpose: to undermine our constitutional right to bear arms by using American-bought guns in Mexican hands as a propaganda cudgel. 
Looks like you have learned to copy and paste and are working on finding the appropriate thread, still a ways off from citing a source.

Still, at least one sorta useful skill to add to your inane name calling.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
So - the Obama administration's "compliance" with Issa's investigation proceeded much like this administration's "compliance", with the same claims of privilege, and the same outrage about the lack of willing compliance.   So - so far, there's really no difference in how each administration behaved.  Seems to me that the precedent has been established that the courts will have to decide in each case whether oversight = the ability to say "Bend Over and cough".  
Did you read the documents in question?
I did, and share the Inspector General's conclusions that restarting and expanding the program was reckless and that the administration attempted to conceal pertinent facts about the recklessness.

Swimsailor

Super Anarchist
UT
I did, and share the Inspector General's conclusions that restarting and expanding the program was reckless and that the administration attempted to conceal pertinent facts about the recklessness.
So will actually give a shit about the current issues we face with the current POTUS in 8 years?  Is that how long it takes for you to give a damn? 

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Awesome, Tom has read the documents and then he immediately veers onto a conclusion about something else. Can you summarize these documents? Did they establish whether Holder, Obama or Reverend Wright knew about this program the W + Tony G started?

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
Well, of course the real issue is that folks like Tom and the NRA have turned the US 

into a gigantic arms bazaar for the Mexican drug gangs. 

The blood of tens of thousands is on their hands.   

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Awesome, Tom has read the documents and then he immediately veers onto a conclusion about something else. Can you summarize these documents? Did they establish whether Holder, Obama or Reverend Wright knew about this program the W + Tony G started?
The motion to not comply with the subpoena was denied because the DOJ had already released most of what had been subpoenaed.  So - after the courts ruled against the administration, the administration complied with the subpoena.  Much like I suspect will happen in the current situation. 

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
The Kenyan’s EP was been overruled and the subpoena was granted. So we can also judge the both Kenyan’s exercise of EP and the relevance of the subpoena by looking at the documents.

Y’all opened this door by comparing the Kenyan’s exercise of EP with that of Shitstain’s. In the case we know the documents. In the second we have a redacted version of Mueller’s report and we’d like to question Mueller. So I think we can judge the similarity here on the content rather than the exercise.

Did Issa (who is now unemployed) find anything germane in the Kenyan’s documents?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Again, I’m interested in the content of the documents so as to judge the character of the request.
No you're not, or you would have answered your questions to me above by reading the responses already posted.

Not true, yes, and yes.