Obese

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Jeepers……so we stop into my favorite Mexican place to reward ourselves with a cup of pozole after our swim workout this morning. We get there right at 1100 when it opens so we’re seated already as the lunch crowd begins to wander in. I am stunned……not one……not one of the probably 20 people who came in over the next 30 minutes was not obese with most morbidly obese. I’m serious…..I’d have taken a picture or two for proof but posting someone’s picture without them knowing agreeing is against my non-religion 🤣. But trust me……I’ve not seen such a huge bunch of fat asses in quite a while. I was kinda surprised……maybe I just never paid attention but jeepers…….several stopped outside to finish smoking before they came in. Looking their plates going past me I can see why they’re all obese but I can’t help but wonder how you let yourself get there. I mean I have a few extra pounds right now but………

Then I realized part of my irritation…..which I never had before about this subject, I always figured “hey, people choose”………stems from trying like hell to stay healthy and doing everything I can to squeeze out a couple more years on the planet due to circumstances beyond my control, and here they are tossing it all away carelessly for a few tacos….okay…a lot of tacos.

Perhaps I’m being too critical.

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
you should come to one of the chinese buffets here... it's not only the parents but the kids are getting that way too... the way they load a plate, hey dude, you can get another plate after you finish the first one, you don't need to take everything on the first haul...

years ago, our work had a cafeteria on the first floor and group of us would get together for breakfast, there was onw guy , who was waaayyyyyyy to big would come over, dinner plate covered in bisquits as many as you could fit on the plate and then all of that was covered with sausage gravy with a few sausages thrown on top... and to top all that, he picks up the salt shaker and proceeds for at least a minute, shake salt over everything... i have no idea if he's alive today...

Obese is one thing,
Showing it off is......

1660685947893.png

Last edited:

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
I remember a woman I worked with - a keypuncher - who regularly needed her chair replaced because she broke it.

Saw her at lunch one day - three stuffed baked potatoes with her meal. :eek:

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Jeepers……so we stop into my favorite Mexican place to reward ourselves with a cup of pozole after our swim workout this morning. We get there right at 1100 when it opens so we’re seated already as the lunch crowd begins to wander in. I am stunned……not one……not one of the probably 20 people who came in over the next 30 minutes was not obese with most morbidly obese. I’m serious…..I’d have taken a picture or two for proof but posting someone’s picture without them knowing agreeing is against my non-religion 🤣. But trust me……I’ve not seen such a huge bunch of fat asses in quite a while. I was kinda surprised……maybe I just never paid attention but jeepers…….several stopped outside to finish smoking before they came in. Looking their plates going past me I can see why they’re all obese but I can’t help but wonder how you let yourself get there. I mean I have a few extra pounds right now but………

Then I realized part of my irritation…..which I never had before about this subject, I always figured “hey, people choose”………stems from trying like hell to stay healthy and doing everything I can to squeeze out a couple more years on the planet due to circumstances beyond my control, and here they are tossing it all away carelessly for a few tacos….okay…a lot of tacos.

Perhaps I’m being too critical.
Hey, if it makes 'em happy and they don't care much about the aftereffects, does it really matter?

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Hey, if it makes 'em happy and they don't care much about the aftereffects, does it really matter?
Well.............on one level no.....like I said, I never really had a thought about it before...like I said, everybody chooses. I do find it interesting that now that I am fighting for another couple years.......to see folks just tossing it out the window..........is irritating. I never really viewed it through that lens and think...what a waste.

On another level you could assert that obesity is a problem for our health care system and thus the costs.......its true but there are LOTS of factors in which that is only one. If you cured that how much would health care costs go down.....I have no clue. It is interesting that in almost all pictures from say the 50's and 60's you rarely see a real fat ass. That says a bit about our culture as well.

chester

Super Anarchist
Well.............on one level no.....like I said, I never really had a thought about it before...like I said, everybody chooses. I do find it interesting that now that I am fighting for another couple years.......to see folks just tossing it out the window..........is irritating. I never really viewed it through that lens and think...what a waste.

On another level you could assert that obesity is a problem for our health care system and thus the costs.......its true but there are LOTS of factors in which that is only one. If you cured that how much would health care costs go down.....I have no clue. It is interesting that in almost all pictures from say the 50's and 60's you rarely see a real fat ass. That says a bit about our culture as well.
it says A LOT about current culture

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
I've been with my GF for seven months and spend weekends at her place. We usually eat out 2-3 times each weekend. I can only remember finishing a meal once while she never has. Portions are absolutely absurd.

I was on a flight from FL to MI years ago and for some reason was stuck in a window seat vs aisle. I take my seat and the center seat is empty. They're about to close the door and 'tiny' waddles on. I prayed to every God I could recall to no avail, he plops down next to me. Not a fun flight other than the meal service (this was a few years back). Stewardess asked if I wanted a sub sandwich or a salad, sub please. She didn't ask 'tiny', just dropped a salad on his tray table.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
I've been with my GF for seven months and spend weekends at her place. We usually eat out 2-3 times each weekend. I can only remember finishing a meal once while she never has. Portions are absolutely absurd.

I was on a flight from FL to MI years ago and for some reason was stuck in a window seat vs aisle. I take my seat and the center seat is empty. They're about to close the door and 'tiny' waddles on. I prayed to every God I could recall to no avail, he plops down next to me. Not a fun flight other than the meal service (this was a few years back). Stewardess asked if I wanted a sub sandwich or a salad, sub please. She didn't ask 'tiny', just dropped a salad on his tray table.
And a sub I presume?

My last flight was from Dallas to here - as I approached my seat I saw the window seat filled by a porker woman - she took up a quarter to a third of my seat. I'm a big guy but I can fit in my own seat FFS.

When they brought snacks around she had a Coke of course but couldn't get her table down to more than 45 degrees.

Worst flight of my life.

My wife later told me that I made the woman cry (unintentionally - I thought my bitching was discrete) but after more than 4 1/2 hours of misery I didn't care. Maybe it was a wakeup call for her.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
And a sub I presume?

My last flight was from Dallas to here - as I approached my seat I saw the window seat filled by a porker woman - she took up a quarter to a third of my seat. I'm a big guy but I can fit in my own seat FFS.

When they brought snacks around she had a Coke of course but couldn't get her table down to more than 45 degrees.

Worst flight of my life.

My wife later told me that I made the woman cry (unintentionally - I thought my bitching was discrete) but after more than 4 1/2 hours of misery I didn't care. Maybe it was a wakeup call for her.
Yeah - that situation sucks. I'm fat and I know it - and I use my miles to upgrade myself to business class where I don't bother anyone else. i would never subject others (or myself) to rubbing elbows on a flight like that. Yuck.

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
It mite be fun to looke foire porker woman that was abussed by Bigge Guye on a flitte oute of Dallsa. Mabey it wase turneng pointe in herre life.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Yeah - that situation sucks. I'm fat and I know it - and I use my miles to upgrade myself to business class where I don't bother anyone else. i would never subject others (or myself) to rubbing elbows on a flight like that. Yuck.
If it was merely rubbing elbows I wouldn't care but when you have to lean sideways for 4 1/2 hours and end up with your back out because of it...

Latest posts