Obese

Grabbler

Grabbler
All kinds of theories out there...I think the portion control/adjustment one is the most pertinent...5'-7" 169#...been within 3-4# (less in summer, more in winter) as long as I can remember...checked every few days on the Publix scales...I wonder about a lot of things specifically what goes into the food we buy...the majority of what we eat I have a pretty clear idea of the food chain...fish, venison, shrimp off the boat, home canned vegetables...I remember one "lean" hunting year I bought some ground beef and my then 11 yr old daughter asking me as I browned it "What's that stuff" as the fat rendered out...we're in our 60's and our portions have become noticeably smaller than what our grown kids eat...we still eat fried foods probably once a week (shrimp, chicken fried venison, fried fish) but sides are always fresh vegetables...not walking top-plates any more, but I'm still wearing the same 18# toolbelt 3 outta 5 days a week and it slides off my hips as the day goes on like it has for 30 years...4-6 beers a night... staying active and eating cleanly seems to be working...

slap

Super Anarchist
Somewhat near Naptown
Well, there you go………

View attachment 536558

KFC Double Down for the win:
1920px-KFC_Double_Down_%22Sandwich%22.jpg

dyslexic dog

Super Anarchist
Michigan
Well......there is always this as a solution for the lazy ones................

I would put on my undersized swim neoprene vest and call it "Gut be gone" when I went canoeing. Guess I should have marketed that earlier.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
I actually tried one of those once out of sheer curiosity. It was actually pretty good, but it made me feel dizzy afterwards.
I was curious so I looked up the numbers for it - fewer calories that a regular FF chicken sandwich - 540.

About the same as a Big Mac.

Not quite the instant death it looks like.

Last edited:

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
To all those who buy into the narrative it's all about carbs, consider the Japanese and Chinese, who until recently lived on a diet that was largely rice. Look at the old photos...see how many fat Japanese and Chinese you can spot out of a typical crowd. Nowadays they are eating a much richer diet and you will find some in both populations.

There's a reason the body craves carbs. Want to feel satisfied ya gotta eat some. Limit the intake. That Phad Thai plate they serve at a restaurant would be a meal for a small family back in the day...
china-fattest-man-12.jpg

fufkin

Super Anarchist
One thing that seems to be routinely omitted from nutritional advice is timing.

Put simply, it’s not only ‘what you eat’, it’s ‘when you eat what you eat’.

Ideally, one avoids excess starch, refined flour, refined sugar and deep fried anything while maintaining a balance of fibre, protein and complex carbohydrates.

In practice, if you’re gonna sin, at least do it in the middle of the day and not late at night.

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
One thing that seems to be routinely omitted from nutritional advice is timing.

Put simply, it’s not only ‘what you eat’, it’s ‘when you eat what you eat’.

Ideally, one avoids excess starch, refined flour, refined sugar and deep fried anything while maintaining a balance of fibre, protein and complex carbohydrates.

In practice, if you’re gonna sin, at least do it in the middle of the day and not late at night.

that's a myth... your bodies digestive system doesn't shutdown just because you're sleeping..

it's just calories in vs calories out

Latest posts